PDA

View Full Version : Nice RPM Found In Circulation

1sgret
07-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Found this nice 1964 D/D (South) RPM while going through bank rolls a few minutes ago.

Roller
07-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Indeed, nice.

hasfam
07-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Great find Joe. Very impressive. Whats more impressive is how you can come up with a killer photo in a couple of minutes to post. It takes me 1/2 a day it seems to get everything set up. But you might notice, I haven't really posted any pics for a long time either.
Thanks for sharing that beauty with us.

georoxx
07-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Very nice.

-George

1sgret
07-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Great find Joe. Very impressive. Whats more impressive is how you can come up with a killer photo in a couple of minutes to post. It takes me 1/2 a day it seems to get everything set up. But you might notice, I haven't really posted any pics for a long time either.
Thanks for sharing that beauty with us.

Thanks for the comments:

I use a AM scope with a MD400 Digital Camera for closeups and a Canon Camera for slabs and some closeups of full coins.

The AM scope is hooked up to my computer for faster pictures (If I can get my lighting correct)....LOL

hasfam
07-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Is the scope hooked to the computer or the MD400? Also, did you have to buy an adapter for the MD400 to fit on the scope? Sorry about side tracking this post.

JeanK
07-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Nice rpm you got there Joe! Great picture, too.
Jean

duck620
07-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Nice find!

ken.

1sgret
07-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks Jean, George and Rock for the nice comments.

Here are a couple photos I took real quick to give you an idea. The adapter on the scope eyepiece is for my Canon camera or I use a tripod for slab shooting and close ups of the whole coin.

As you can see the MD400 digital is separate from the eye pieces. I also have a MD600E to switch out with the MD400 if needed.

P.S. Don't look at the junk in the room as it is another computer over in the corner with Grand-kids play toys on top of it.

lineop3
07-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Dang...it looks like something you'd find in a chemistry lab. You are serious about this hobby my bruddah!

Aisha

mustbebob
07-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Sure Joe...The Grandkid's play toys:angel:

You can tell us. While the grandkids are searching for the good coins:LOL_Hair: with the scope, you are probably in the corner with the toys.

1sgret
07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Sure Joe...The Grandkid's play toys:angel:

You can tell us. While the grandkids are searching for the good coins:LOL_Hair: with the scope, you are probably in the corner with the toys.

OH MAN!!! I didn't think anyone would figure that out so QUICK!!!!!!!!!!:LOL_Hair::tinysmile_classes_t

mustbebob
07-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Sorry Joe...I just had to do that. It reminded me so much of just last night when I had my Grand daughter here. I took her home, then went to look at some coins and sat on one of her Dora The Explorer dolls. She knows she's not supposed to be in Papa's coin room, so I assume Dora walked in all by herelf:angel:

1sgret
07-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Sorry Joe...I just had to do that. It reminded me so much of just last night when I had my Grand daughter here. I took her home, then went to look at some coins and sat on one of her Dora The Explorer dolls. She knows she's not supposed to be in Papa's coin room, so I assume Dora walked in all by herelf:angel:

I like that!!!!:sign10::sign10::sign10:

My Grand-daughter is 8 and she knows what a Doubled Die is so when I get up from my coin searching chair, she takes over the chair and the Loupe and starts going through my pennies I am currently working on.

Problem is she puts the ones she's looked at into the pile that I have already searched, so I have to go and "DO OVERS AGAIN" on the pile I was working on.:(:LOL_Hair:

td5173
07-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Nice Find!!!!

hasfam
07-02-2011, 03:35 AM
I like that!!!!:sign10::sign10::sign10:

My Grand-daughter is 8 and she knows what a Doubled Die is so when I get up from my coin searching chair, she takes over the chair and the Loupe and starts going through my pennies I am currently working on.

Problem is she puts the ones she's looked at into the pile that I have already searched, so I have to go and "DO OVERS AGAIN" on the pile I was working on.:(:LOL_Hair:
When my grandkids visit they always want to "help" grandpa with his pennies. They know grandpa's coin area is sacred ground so they tred cautiously around there. I give them a cheap magnifer and a pile of coins I've already been thru and set them up next me and tell them to help me look for "something good". They love it. Of course that only lasts for about 5 minute until they're bored on off playing somewhere else. They're between 4 & 8 yrs old.

1sgret
07-02-2011, 03:53 AM
It is hard to come up with ways to keep the curtain climbers, yard apes away from the coin area as I have two areas in the house.

Aisha: I am still upgrading equipment after all these years.....LOL:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

jfines69
07-02-2011, 05:07 AM
The thing with grandkids and coins is you have to do a search before allowing them to leave the room... Pockets and shoes/socks... LOL... Bob did you search
Dora before letting her go... LOL!!!

wolfkill
07-02-2011, 07:33 AM
:sign10: this thread is great!!!love it

mustbebob
07-02-2011, 04:23 PM
Jim, I think Dora is my Granddaughter Harmony's accomplice. Between her and Sponge-bob Square-pants, I gotta watch them both, or maybe some of my coins will end up where they shouldn't be.:bigsmile:

1sgret
07-02-2011, 05:31 PM
I think a metal detector like the ones TSA has at the airports is called for in your home.;;;:bigsmile:

eaxtellcoin
07-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Ok, Ok I have some good news on this. My kids aquired a few wheat rolls from the bank for there books about six months ago. The highlight besides finding many early wheats for 1C? The ONLY 1942-S in the rolls was found by my Daughter Erika, Turned out to be a RPM#12/(2-R-VI). Now I have to slab it with her name on it!!!!! :angel:

tinytinkerbell
07-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Ok, Ok I have some good news on this. My kids aquired a few wheat rolls from the bank for there books about six months ago. The highlight besides finding many early wheats for 1C? The ONLY 1942-S in the rolls was found by my Daughter Erika, Turned out to be a RPM#12/(2-R-VI). Now I have to slab it with her name on it!!!!! :angel:

:O WOW!!! Be sure to give my congrats to Erika!!