PDA

View Full Version : It has been awhile for this variety

1sgret
07-08-2011, 07:04 AM
This is a nice older variety to run across and is a 1982 Copper Large Date with a nice Misaligned Die on the Obverse. It has been awhile since I have found this variety. This one has nice separation lines on the Motto.

duck620
07-08-2011, 07:38 AM
That's really nice.Congrats.

Ken.

OCD
07-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Nice find!!

jfines69
07-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Nice coin!!!

hasfam
07-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Nice one Joe. In great shape too. congrats.

dvn
07-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Congrats on another one Joe! Those bricks you're searching have some nice varieties in them.

Billy

Maineman750
07-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Nice find Joe, they must be out as I pulled one on Wednesday!

wolfkill
07-08-2011, 12:26 PM
great!!!nice coin

kloccwork419
07-08-2011, 02:15 PM
Very nice find Joe. One of the first finds I ever had was one of these. I been reading all week about everyones finds that I had to leave work early before the bank closed to get a box!!!..lolol..Hope I have some goodies

hasfam
07-08-2011, 03:06 PM
I been reading all week about everyones finds that I had to leave work early before the bank closed to get a box!!!..lolol..Hope I have some goodies

Good luck Jason.

1sgret
07-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Very nice find Joe. One of the first finds I ever had was one of these. I been reading all week about everyones finds that I had to leave work early before the bank closed to get a box!!!..lolol..Hope I have some goodies

Thanks Jason and I "a-rootin for Ya on finding something good".:xd:

tinytinkerbell
07-08-2011, 04:09 PM

Congrats Joe and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Jason!!! :)

busyeye
07-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Nice Joe, Congrats!

badredbrd89
07-08-2011, 07:40 PM
No doubt about that one! I'm looking for my first on that year. Keep 'em coming, Joe!
-Chris

Karahbell
07-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Very cool, I have 11 large date 1982 pennies, not sure how to tell if they are DDO... I am a newbie =)

tinytinkerbell
07-09-2011, 04:36 AM
Very cool, I have 11 large date 1982 pennies, not sure how to tell if they are DDO... I am a newbie =)

Karah, what are you using to look at your coins? a 10x loupe? 30x? You can find a lot of useful information on this forum. I learned the different between DDO/MD/DDD simply by reading/studying EVERYTHING. By viewing all the threads I was (am) constantly learning. I am really new to error coins myself but have learned A LOT by being part of this forum....One of the first things I did was read and reread the section labled: For the Lincoln Cent Beginner (located on the forum homepage) or click here: http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Also, I bought two, IMHO, of the best error books on the market for beginners to start with: "Strick It Rich With Pocket Change" by Ken Potter and Brian Allen and "Cherrypicker's Guide to Rare Die Varieties" by Bill Fivaz, J. T. Stanton and Ken Bressett.. Those two books alone have helped me find some extremely valuable errors! :) I bought several other books which are nice to have, but as a beginner those two are the best.... again, IMHO..
Hope this little tid-bit will put you on a great successful path!! Good Luck!
:)

Karahbell
07-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Karah, what are you using to look at your coins? a 10x loupe? 30x? You can find a lot of useful information on this forum. I learned the different between DDO/MD/DDD simply by reading/studying EVERYTHING. By viewing all the threads I was (am) constantly learning. I am really new to error coins myself but have learned A LOT by being part of this forum....One of the first things I did was read and reread the section labled: For the Lincoln Cent Beginner (located on the forum homepage) or click here: http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17
Also, I bought two, IMHO, of the best error books on the market for beginners to start with: "Strick It Rich With Pocket Change" by Ken Potter and Brian Allen and "Cherrypicker's Guide to Rare Die Varieties" by Bill Fivaz, J. T. Stanton and Ken Bressett.. Those two books alone have helped me find some extremely valuable errors! :) I bought several other books which are nice to have, but as a beginner those two are the best.... again, IMHO..
Hope this little tid-bit will put you on a great successful path!! Good Luck!
:)

Thank you for the info and tips =) I will be getting the books here soon. I have spent countless hours now looking at coins and using this forum and wexlers site, & I'm still so lost lol, but motivated to learn and keep on it. Thanks again tink!