PDA

View Full Version : Need help 1970 S coins

Henchman
07-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Found some 1970 S coins in my penny sorting endeavor. I know there is 2 varieties of this coin but I am so novice I can not tell the difference even after looking at multiple examples online. The nicer of the 4 I found in a collection my farther left me. Being a decent condition I tried to get a close up of the date on that one hoping its worth something.

Can anyone help me determine if they are the small date (high 7) or level 7?

I should have labeled them on the picture but I'm lazy.

Let's say to define by the picture:

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice,
Jason

hasfam
07-09-2011, 07:43 PM
They are all large date Jason. There are differnt ways to tell and with time, expereince and practice it will get easier to spot the differences. Keep studying the educational links and examples and compare what you learn to the coins you have.

Henchman
07-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks hasfam, I actually looked at the homepage of this site after posting and there is an idiot's guide to determine them apart. Glad I found this site and will be posting more stupid questions in the future.

Cheers!
Jason

hasfam
07-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks hasfam, I actually looked at the homepage of this site after posting and there is an idiot's guide to determine them apart. Glad I found this site and will be posting more stupid questions in the future.

Cheers!
Jason
:LOL_Hair: too funny. Don't worry about posting stupid qquestions because we all have and probably will continue to. Glad you could join in on the fun though. We're all learning and collecting together.

laytonre
07-10-2011, 06:53 PM
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask if your not sure. We all started the same way and that is how we learned. There is always help here from the experts. But remember that we have links at the top of the site that has a lot of info for you to use.Richard

wolfkill
07-11-2011, 10:40 AM
:crossedlips:you going to sale them on ebay???