PDA

View Full Version : Acronyms and Values of coins

Karahbell
07-14-2011, 04:37 PM
I was wondering if anyone has a good link or word doc/pdf of a list of acronyms used for Lincoln pennies/coins. I have been looking on wexler's coins and found a lot, but there are still some that are being used on this forum that I don't understand.

Also I was wondering if there is a good reference for the value of most coins with DDO/DDR or errors, like an easy list or chart to look at? It's nice to know what the value of the coins are that I'm hunting for.

Thanks from the rookie/ OCD coin addict.

my kitchen table for the past week and a half..... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/karahbell/Pennies/IMG_4928.jpg

Maineman750
07-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Values are really hard to pinpoint becuase they always change, but coppercoins has values listed for the varieties. As far as acronyms, there may be something on this site, I haven't checked...but somebody else will chime in I'm sure.The only place I know of is another forum and I really wouldn't feel ccomfotable directing somebody to a competitor.

Look under FAQ's for acronyms...I just found it!

1sgret
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Values are subjective however acronyms can most often be found in reference guides on coins including but not conclusive the Red Book, Wexler's Authoritative Reference on Lincoln Cents, Cherrypickers Guides, etc.

If you have a certain Acronym being used here on the LCR that you do not understand please ask and I am sure someone will clarify for you.

Karahbell
07-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Everyone here is so helpful! thank you!

financeman
07-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Your table looks a lot like mine does in my man cave. The only difference is yours looks more organized than mine. Lol

Karahbell
07-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Your table looks a lot like mine does in my man cave. The only difference is yours looks more organized than mine. Lol

my woman cave is now complete lol http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/karahbell/Pennies/IMG_4931.jpg lol

financeman
07-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Lol, that was funny. Mine has a frig in it filled with beer.
Btw, here is the link to the acronym page here on the site. Hope it helps
http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/faq.php?faq=numismatic#faq_numismaticacronyms

Karahbell
07-14-2011, 05:45 PM
thank you for the link, I couldn't find it. still learning my way around the forum.

Steven
07-14-2011, 05:57 PM
thank you for the link, I couldn't find it. still learning my way around the forum.

The FAQ button at the top of the page hold some great information.

FIXED LOL

1sgret
07-14-2011, 06:30 PM
The FAX button at the top of the page hold some great information.

Couldn't help myself.:crossedlips: Shouldn't that be FAQ???? :angel: Hard day today so it must be another Monday!!!:LOL_Hair:

How about an update on your PUPPY!!!!!!

financeman
07-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Lol, I noticed that two but I thought I was doing something wrong. I am not a Mod. Lol
Good one

Maineman750
07-14-2011, 06:46 PM
That's OK, I posted about the FAQ on the first reply and she couldn't find it anyway :D

Karahbell
07-14-2011, 07:04 PM
I used the forums search engine with the key word acronyms, and it didn't give me the link with the results. But again, I appreciate the direct link since my search failed.

Maineman750
07-14-2011, 07:15 PM
I think it was my fault for answering you with an acronym..FAQ :LOL_Hair:

Karahbell
07-14-2011, 07:34 PM
lol now I'm not that clueless.... that's funny though.

Steven
07-15-2011, 03:44 AM
Couldn't help myself.:crossedlips: Shouldn't that be FAQ???? :angel: Hard day today so it must be another Monday!!!:LOL_Hair:

How about an update on your PUPPY!!!!!!

OOOOPS.... FAQ Got to laugh at myself on that one. Puppy is doing better. Thanks

1sgret
07-15-2011, 03:56 AM
OOOOPS.... FAQ Got to laugh at myself on that one. Puppy is doing better. Thanks

Great Steven, that was the main thing as to how the Puppy was doing. No long lasting problems associated with the crisis I hope?:)

KennyMac
07-15-2011, 07:07 AM
my kitchen table for the past week and a half..... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/karahbell/Pennies/IMG_4928.jpg

Consider yourself lucky...at least you can SEE your table........

Mine?.....not so much........

Apparently the more coins I get, the more work area I lose...what's up with that?.....

1sgret
07-15-2011, 08:27 AM

Apparently the more coins I get, the more work area I lose...what's up with that?.....

It's called controlling the PENNY HOARDING!!!!!!:LOL_Hair::LOL_Hair:

Karahbell
07-15-2011, 09:26 AM

After I am done with the pennies that have no value, I am rolling them up to exchange for new ones :)

I have to clear my table off today, I actually have to be social tonight lol .

Maineman750
07-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Coffee table, computer desk,and fireplace mantle have all disappeared at my place...company is expected to bring their pennies too :LOL_Hair: