PDA

View Full Version : Help resolve this issue for me..

tea-party
07-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Im new to coin collecting but somethings I dont understand. My Bud from time to time sends me photos and tell me what they are.Sometime I roll my eyes and other times there very interesting.Here is one of them that he said is a hair doubled die. Something I've never heard of ,you guys may have not either..:sign10: If you look under the ear area to the arrows you will see what he said is this hair doubling.My Bud said he's going to send this out to Wexler, lol I said he's nuts. So is this one a Yay or Nay??

John......

dvn
07-16-2011, 02:38 PM
My Bud said he's going to send this out to Wexler, lol I said he's nuts. So is this one a Yay or Nay??

John......

From the image, I would say a correct decision to send it in for in-hand examination.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Billy

tea-party
07-16-2011, 02:41 PM
From the image, I would say a correct decision to send it in for in-hand examination.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Billy

Billy its his coin but I just want to know what you think about it. I never heard of such a doubling ,is it possible he has something here and Im the foolish one?? :squigglemouth:

John

Maineman750
07-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Have to side with your bud this time...pretty interesting

copperlover
07-16-2011, 02:44 PM
John welcome to the party it real quiet now so I think I can help here. Just below the earlobe I see a gouge and that could have caused metal displacement. I hope that helps. I don't think that may be doubled hair. I could be wrong but that is not what I am seeing. I see scratches between the ear and the anomaly in question running from NW to SE and they look like stretch
marks. As I said I could be wrong.

Lucien

tea-party
07-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Have to side with your bud this time...pretty interesting

I may have to scream out loud.. I may end up losing 20 big ones behind this ...:(

John

tea-party
07-16-2011, 02:46 PM
John welcome to the party it real quiet now so I think I can help here. Just below the earlobe I see I gouge and that could have caused metal displacement. I hope that helps. I don't think that may be doubled hair. I could be wrong but that is not what I am seeing.

Lucien

Lucien you give me hope here...Thanks ...:D

John

Maineman750
07-16-2011, 02:52 PM
John...your hope lies in the direction of the anomaly..that gives Lucien's opinion a better chance than the doubled hair or ear.:tinysmile_twink_t:

financeman
07-16-2011, 04:34 PM
I am definately not a expert like a lot of these guys but I am going to have to agree with Lucien on this one and say that this is not a doubled die and it is metal displacement. Keep us informed when your bud sends it in and let us know what the attributor says. You have peaked my curiosity on this one

dvn
07-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Billy its his coin but I just want to know what you think about it. I never heard of such a doubling ,is it possible he has something here and Im the foolish one?? :squigglemouth:

John

Again, from what I see in the image, it has good possibilities. However, I thinks it's more of a partial doubled earlobe and not extra beard strands. Please understand this is only by what I see in the image. Examination of the actual coin is always required to make a determination and that's why I said I agree with his decision to send it in.

Billy

DoubleYou
07-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Well, it don't look doubled to me, so I think you still have a chance, tea-party. Definately not a hair, as this is in the beard area, so it would have to be either a whisker or part of the ear. None of the whiskers or any parts of the ear look similar to it, so I just don't know. Seems that it is a die gouge to me.

jcuve
07-18-2011, 08:55 AM
It's possible - let us know what John determines. good luck!