PDA

View Full Version : 1952 D double eyelid?

launcherimu
07-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Looks like 2 lids to me? What do you think? Leslie

jcuve
07-18-2011, 06:52 PM
I am not detecting anything, but maybe different pics with light from another angle or something. Which direction from the primary eyelid are you seeing something (SW, W, NW, etc.)?

jfines69
07-19-2011, 04:44 AM
From what I can see it appears to be PSD... I see a lite mark to the west that appears to line up with the eyelid mark!!!

georoxx
07-19-2011, 04:49 AM
I think Leslie is referring to the "lower" eyelid.

Likely a hit, me thinks.

-George

launcherimu
07-19-2011, 07:15 AM
Yes it is the lower lid. Sorry, will try to get a better picture.

launcherimu
07-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Hope these are better.
Another question. I am logged out on this forum after just a few minutes. I take a few pictures and when I get back here to LCS I have to log in again. Is there any way I can change the amount of time I stay logged in?

jcuve
07-19-2011, 07:52 AM
That's pretty far south. I lean toward it being some sort of PSD (Post Strike Damage), but it wouldn't hurt to get Bob to chime in as doubled eyelids is an area of expertise of his.

Your logging in sounds like a browser issue. Maybe related to a cookie or cache problem. What browser do you use?

launcherimu
07-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Just spent an hour trying to get some closer pictures. I have a 150x Celestron microscope but can't get a good picture with it. It is new and not familiar as to how to use it properly. Looked at the coin again with my 10x triplex loop and different angles of course show me different things. You may be right about the hit though. I will continue working on this for more precise photos.

Re browser I use Yahoo. Naturally I had to log in again getting back to LCR. Pop up blocker is off.

mustbebob
07-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I do not believe this is an extra eyelid. As Jason mentioned, the anomaly is pretty far south, and the lower lid is seldom the portion of the die that is doubled. In most cases, the upper lid is what is doubled on a class 4 DDO. As to what I think it is, I would say an old hit.

financeman
07-19-2011, 05:50 PM
The lower lid looks like it was hit post mint. PMD in my opinion