PDA

View Full Version : 2002-D Neck Anomaly

georoxx
07-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Good morning.

Found this one a few moments ago. Interesting raised anomaly in the forward neck region of this '02-D. I've discounted the possibility that this is a bubble, but I'll expect that diagnosis anyway. (It is, after all, the first thing that came to my own mind.)

Have a great Thursday.

-George

copperlover
07-21-2011, 05:50 AM
The anomaly does seem flatter than any of the hairs on the neck but it could possibly be the result of metal displacement of a gouge. Only an in hand examination could make an informed analysis. How did you rule out the result of a gas bubble?

Lucien

georoxx
07-21-2011, 05:58 AM
The anomaly does seem flatter than any of the hairs on the neck but it could possibly be the result of metal displacement of a gouge. Only an in hand examination could make an informed analysis. How did you rule out the result of a gas bubble?

Lucien

It doesn't have the texture or shape of a typical bubble. Not smooth anywhere.

Thanks for looking, Lucien.

-George

lineop3
07-21-2011, 06:13 AM
G, I see these all the time and it is a bubble/gouge. So I ask the same question as Lucien did...how did you rule out a gas bubble?
The 2000 series are notorious for them as they do come in different sizes and shapes.

Aisha

georoxx
07-21-2011, 07:14 AM
G, I see these all the time and it is a bubble/gouge. So I ask the same question as Lucien did...how did you rule out a gas bubble?
The 2000 series are notorious for them as they do come in different sizes and shapes.

Aisha

Thanks Aisha.

DoubleYou
07-22-2011, 02:40 PM
I'd keep it. It just doesn't look like your typical gouge or bubble.

jfines69
07-22-2011, 03:20 PM
Deep gas bubble or a clash!!!

georoxx
07-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I'd keep it. It just doesn't look like your typical gouge or bubble.

Stashed it.

Thanks.

-George