PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

NPCoin
09-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Although Lincoln cents aren't my focus, I've found this site to be an extremely informative resource. I look forward to participating in some of the discussion here, and will impart what little knowledge of the series I do have. Those of you who know me by this or any other name know that it is almost impossible for me to keep a post under a few pages long.

The day job (the one that pays the mortgage and bills) consists of a lot of food! But my other day job (the one that pays for the toys) is spent in numismatics. My business is primarily not in the buy/sell/trade arena, so much as it is in the research, consulting, and information exchange arena.

As far as collecting goes, I do privately collect coins.

I LIKE IKE!

That pretty much sums it up. That and my birthyear are my main collecting goals at this time.

As far as Lincolns go, I thrive on the hunt for copper! I have jars full of the stuff, and growing. I try to search at the least $250 monthly. I have yet to find a 1999 WAM, though I have recently found a 1998 WAM and last year found a 2000 WAM, which I lost, and have just found again two days ago! :)

My search criteria covers twenty six different varieties for memorials (all wheaties are hoarded regardless of variety...but then again, all copper is).

I also search all other types of coins including dollars. So, I spend quite a bit of late night "free time" searching rolls. After a hard day in a hot kitchen and the ruckus of a home office with the noise and confusion of five children, it's a very relaxing past time.

The WAMs are the only varieties I have found in circulation to date over the many years I have searched, though I have acquired indians, wheaties, pence (yes...GB pennies), Canadians, and a number of different countries in rolls...most of what I find are damaged coins (MDDs mostly), but the search goes on.

Just now I noticed my search list was missing one. What you call a 1988 RDV-006, I believe. I refer to it myself as a 1988, reverse of 1989. So I search for 27 different varieties.

Anyway, I'm just rambling on, and that will only get me trouble somehow, so I'll cut it off here. Good night all!

car10
09-06-2008, 10:53 PM
My search criteria covers twenty six different varieties for memorials (all wheaties are hoarded regardless of variety...but then again, all copper is).

Just now I noticed my search list was missing one. What you call a 1988 RDV-006, I believe. I refer to it myself as a 1988, reverse of 1989. So I search for 27 different varieties.

Welcome Anthony, glad to have you here.
I would like to help you grow your list to 28 varieties. The 1988-D, Denver version, RDV-006(reverse of 1989) is a logical addition. It has proven to be far more scarce and elusive than the Philadelphia version and therefore more valuable should you come across one.
Thanks for joining us here at LCR. I look forward to reading your ramblings. I'm hungry, whatcha got cookin'?:)

OCD
09-07-2008, 04:02 AM
Welcome to the LCR.

1sgret
09-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Welcome to the Forum and I also collect Transitionals (CAM's,WAM's & RDV's) . JOE

amac44
09-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Welcome!!!
I hope you enjoy the forum!

Steven
09-07-2008, 07:25 AM
Welcome to LCR.........

Shingpumps
09-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing pics of your future finds

nightowl
09-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Welcome to the forum.

RWBILLER
09-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Welcome:
Good luck - I have 61 2000's WAM's and 33 1998 WAM's but still searching for that 1999!
Thanks
Roger

NPCoin
09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the replies! I look forward to learning a few things here. Since this site is generally a series specific site (one which I am no expert in), I'm sure I'll be able to glean quite a bit from you all. Thanks again!

JeanK
09-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Welcome Anthony!
Darn nice vdb avatar... yours?
Have a great time here.
JeanK

NPCoin
09-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Welcome Anthony!
Darn nice vdb avatar... yours?

It was until July when we bought our house.

JeanK
09-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Well, Anthony, having a home of your own out-classes any coin one could ever own.
JeanK

Wheat Cents
09-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Welcome to LCR