PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to make of this mint mark

hasfam
08-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Found this in a roll. I'm referring to the anomoly immediately north of the mint mark. Is this possibly an RPM? A gouge? Something else? Can't decide what I think of it myself. I took 4 photos from different angles. Thoughts, comments and opinions are always welcomed and appreciated. Thanks

mustbebob
08-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Nice pics Rock. I am guessing only, but to me it looks like an old hit that just barely scraped the mint mark. It is possible it could be an RPM, but it just doesn't seem to have the right curvature of a secondary S.

hasfam
08-18-2011, 06:47 PM
to me it looks like an old hit that just barely scraped the mint mark..... it just doesn't seem to have the right curvature of a secondary S.

You know, ironically, that was my 1st immediate thought as well. Just a flash thought mind you, but that's the way it looked at 1st glance. Of course I quickly suppressed that idea replacing it with visions of an RPM:LOL_Hair:
Thanks for the input Bob. Your uncertainy is still 99% more accurate than my best certainy.

jcuve
08-18-2011, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't have known what to make of it if I had found it - probably would have posted it too and asked for input. Thanks for sharing Rock!

jfines69
08-19-2011, 03:32 AM
I agree with Bob and Jason!!!