PDA

View Full Version : Reroll without counting

uglycent
09-17-2011, 12:35 PM
I made this little tool to reroll my unwanted cents, The bank I use likes it when I exchange a box for a new box. It helps them stay on a regular order for their mechants and save me the time of standing at the coin star for a half a hour with people giving me looks like I am insane, which lincoln obsesion could be classified disorder.
If anyone likes the idea and would like one please send me a message. Work has been slow and a few dollars for some of these could help. Anthony

DoubleYou
09-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I generally find that such tools are inaccurate. It seems that the pennies have different widths at times, throwing it off. I just line up the pennies in a 5 by 10 rectangle, which I can do extremely quickly, and I can move my finger in a way to pick them up and put them in a roll and its not hard or time-consuming at all. But then, I've searched alot of pennies, so I have it down to a science.

georoxx
09-17-2011, 06:25 PM
I'll never roll another penny in my life.

I do so much home improvement that I just take $50 at a time to the CoinStar and get a Lowe's voucher. No 9% charge if you get vouchers.

-George

cimperialis
09-18-2011, 07:09 AM
I do the same as George, except I get an Amazon gift card. You can get pretty much anything on Amazon, and I have free shipping with since I am a student.

Roller
09-18-2011, 07:29 AM
I was lucky enough to find a bank in my area that actully has a coin counting machine. I had left quite a few bucks at coinstar in the past but no more. Account holders at this bank can dump up to $25 in coins for free. You get a ticket you take to the teller and get your cash, 100% of it. There is a 5% charge for over $25 and I learned the hard way that if you go over they charge for the whole batch (i.e. I dumped $25.03, literally, and had to pay 5% on the whole instead just the .03 as I thought would be the case). So I make several trips each week and dump less than $25 each time. Rolling quarters and dimes is no big deal so I roll those using a simple plastic gizmo available commercially. Nonetheless, I wish you well on your little commercial venture, I certainly did not find any of the commercial counters user friendly and thought there was room for much improvement.

kloccwork419
09-18-2011, 07:37 AM
I just make the kids do it....which seems to be more then Coinstar so Im in a lose lose situation..lolol

BadThad
09-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Done re-rolling for life too. I have 3 different banks I can dump unlimited coin into to and redeposit the proceeds into my account(s). Free and EASY!

Steven
09-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Done re-rolling for life too. I have 3 different banks I can dump unlimited coin into to and redeposit the proceeds into my account(s). Free and EASY!

Same with me. No more rolling. Drop off at the bank and it goes into my account. My bank prefers them in bags. If they receive hand rolls they have to take them out and run them through the counter anyway.