PDA

View Full Version : LCR Price Guide

Brad
10-11-2011, 03:44 PM
I was wondering how people felt about the LCR price guide. I have been unable to update in regularly. Actually it has not been updated in over 2 years! I was wondering if people used it, and whether it was worth having. If you feel strongly that you like and would use the LCR have a price guide, now is the time to speak up.

http://lincolncentresource.com/priceguide.html

kloccwork419
10-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Well, to be honest, I didnt know there was one. Sorry Brad :angel:

Rollem
10-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Brad I use often (daily) a lot of the content at LCR. But do not use the price guide.
Maybe because I saw when it was last updated. LOL

Again thanks for your work on this site, it has been a great value to me and I know many others.

engine823
10-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Brad as a matter of fact I was looking for it a few minutes ago and was shocked it was gone!!! I liked and used it to give me an idea as to values of varieties. Even if it was not exact it gave me a ball park
I say I would love to get it back.

Shannon

copperlover
10-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I use it just yesterday. Very useful. A lot of members may not have seen it, because they did not know it was there. There is a way to cure that. If we had an update of current coin values that would certainly help. Say the best of 2009,10 &11. You could be ultra-conservative. Even newly discovered coins could be added at intervals.

Lucien

jpl6332
10-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Brad,

It is a useful guide but if not updated frequently it is not very useful, as has been the case in the past folks try and keep their websites up to date only to be overwhelmed by the task. I personally think with Die Varieties it is almost impossible to keep a price list up to date in a completed form. However, without some guidance the thrill would be diminished significantly. In Kevin's ARLC the prices are prominently displayed but that volume is almost three years old. We need a reliable price list based on actual sales, auction records, and if possible private treaty sales. In this way we can keep accurate records of prices being paid for rare and usual coins.

Thank you,

Jeff

Maineman750
10-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I didn't know about it either...but on the other hand, I'm not much worried about prices:smile:

mustbebob
10-11-2011, 06:33 PM
I think using posted prices as a guide is the way to go. I also think that if anyone is interested enough in a particular coin, then they should take the time to research the auction data and other things themselves. Relying on other people's work researching this stuff may work for today, but it has an inherent flaw. Hoards being reported, bullion prices, and other auction date changes these prices constantly. I have over 2600 Lincoln cent varieties listed on coppercoins. It is not, nor will it ever be a priority to update these prices except when I see, or are made aware of glaring discrepancies. It is overwhelming as Jeff stated. Bottom line...maybe doing a little research on your own isn't such a bad thing.

JeanK
10-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Brad,
As much as I appreciate all your hard work on this forum I have not used the price guide. As mustbebob says, do some research and find out what everyone else is charging for the same kind of coin. (my humble opinion).
Jean

BadThad
10-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Even if it is not updated frequently, it's still a good list for a general idea. Nothing wrong with a ballpark price guide.

jallengomez
10-11-2011, 08:34 PM
I agree with Thad. I think it's a great list as a general ballpark and I think the website needs it. If you need some research done to update the prices, just let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Jody

atarian
10-11-2011, 10:57 PM
I could maybe be updated quarterly. Like a Grey/Green sheet but by quarter than month.the 09 variation cent would be a nice additions the 88 and 89 variations. WAMs and CLAMs. An other that we see posted on here alot would be a good addition.

Brad like always you do fine work here and know that you will do what you need to, to make it that much better.

koinmon
10-12-2011, 07:21 AM
I occasionally bring it up; every few months thanks Brad.
George

Brad
10-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Okay, I updated the price guide. It is back by popular demand!

KennyMac
10-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Yay! Thank you!

busyeye
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM
Thank you Brad, It does help some.

pennies4pennies
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM
:tinysmile_hmm_t:I feel bad. I didn't know the LCR had a price guide. I sure could use one. Were can one find this price guide

engine823
10-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Just went looking for it but couldn't find it? Is it just not uploaded yet or am I looking in the wrong place??

eaxtellcoin
10-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Price guide - Home page - bottom right corner

engine823
10-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for trying to help me but I guess I'm blind, I still don't see it on the homepage. I don't see it in the links to the left or in the pictures on the right??

jallengomez
10-16-2011, 08:51 PM
The price guide is not on the forums, but rather on the home site at http://www.lincolncentresource.com (http://www.lincolncentresource.com/)

Maineman750
10-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Here is the direct link http://www.lincolncentresource.com/priceguide.html

engine823
10-17-2011, 07:21 AM
Look all, I know that I have to go to the homepage. I have used the price guide many times in the past. When I go to home page my buttons on the left DOES NOT show price guide. I used mainemans direct link and got to it and it looks as if maineman has the button showing were I have a FAQ button. When I scroll my cursor over it it automatically changes to price guide. I try to click on it and it goes to the Faq page.
I am not computer illiterate. Something is wrong somewhere and surely I am not the only one with this problem.

jallengomez
10-17-2011, 07:25 AM
I'm not sure what's going on there engine. It's working fine for me. I have the Price Guide button and the FAQs button right beneath it.

engine823
10-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Here is a picture of what I see. Where maineman has price guide listed I see FAQ???? When my cursor touches it it changes to price guide but when you click it, it still takes you to the faq page.

Thats my problem and why I couldn't find it.

jallengomez
10-17-2011, 07:45 AM
Mine looks like the photo on the right. Which browser do you use? You might try going to the homepage of LCR and hitting "refresh" on your browser.

engine823
10-17-2011, 07:48 AM
As unbelievable as it is the refresh fixed it???? Stumps me but hey it's fixed !! Thanks!!!!

Rollem
10-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Your cached page was what your browser was using. Sometimes they can be a (......). pain.

Brad
10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Look all, I know that I have to go to the homepage. I have used the price guide many times in the past. When I go to home page my buttons on the left DOES NOT show price guide. I used mainemans direct link and got to it and it looks as if maineman has the button showing were I have a FAQ button. When I scroll my cursor over it it automatically changes to price guide. I try to click on it and it goes to the Faq page.
I am not computer illiterate. Something is wrong somewhere and surely I am not the only one with this problem.

Some of the Navigation buttons on the left side of the page are messed up.

The big Nav Bars should work, like this one: http://www.lincolncentresource.com/index.html

The old small Nav Bars are messed up, like this one: http://www.lincolncentresource.com/Checklists/checklists.html

If anyone is having trouble with a big nav bar, let me know.

Also, try refreshing all pages!

Maineman750
10-17-2011, 03:10 PM
I always used the big ones and never noticed the little ones until this post.

copperlover
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM
It's all good here.

Lucien

Brad
10-17-2011, 07:35 PM
I always used the big ones and never noticed the little ones until this post.

They did not exist until this weekend. Soon they will all be big. I just want to make sure it works and people like it first.