kingofcoins
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
cardinals won 3 to 2 it was fun but ice cold

AstroRaider
10-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Nice! Lucky, lucky, lucky.

kingofcoins
10-20-2011, 12:20 PM
great game carpenters early dive i thought was gonna end his night and his career he was nearly spiked across his arm head shoulder area it was amazing on the coin front i scored some silver dimes and quarters in concession change and a street wheatie which i wouldnt of picked up but it was tails up so i saw it was a wheatie

AstroRaider
10-20-2011, 01:02 PM
You actually STILL found both silver quarters and dimes? Wow!

I wonder if it's due to the recent economic downswing. People are digging out the reserves of coins they set aside, but they are simply putting them back in rolls or change because they don't know how to sell them for silver.

That's both sad and good... sad for the economy...:squigglemouth: good for us finding stuff... :)

Maineman750
10-20-2011, 02:14 PM
OK Jimbo, so not only you get to see the game....you score some silver as well ? What have you got a horse shoe up your fanny ? you lucky dog !:)

koinmon
10-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Just wondering what a WS game ticket costs these days? Cost me $20.00 bucks for 1971 game five ticket Baltimore vs Pittsburgh.
George

kingofcoins
10-20-2011, 03:07 PM
was 175 bucks i was behind home plate about half way up in the disabled section the only thing behind us was the back bleachers if ya know stadiums general layouts there was about as many folks behind as in front of where i was and since i bought from a scalper i paid 250 ironic that the news is always never buy tickets from scalpers as they might be fake and it never happens that way for me i know there is always that chance so i always make the guy walk with me until im in and i hand the money to him at the door these guys are brokers as they call it cause at the door i pay them right in front of employs so it must be legal to be a broker as i or them are never arrested i kinda was worried the first time i did it but when they offer to assure the authenticity of the ticket by accepting the pay at the ticket window they cant run off with your money and or your tickets

copperlover
10-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Man you have some guts.......or maybe some backup plan K of C

Lucien

kingofcoins
10-20-2011, 07:06 PM
the first time that i went to a game i bought from the stadium and i paid less and got a disabled seat which was cool except i hated the fact disabled seats were not close so i refuse to line their pockets so what i do is buy lesser grade seats knowing that i cant use them and will be seated closer in the ticket exchange window even if they dont have tickets to exchange they have to let me stay and they always have someone that doesnt show up so i pay more for a lesser seat but it pays off because of that i suppose they can say that i have to sit where i can see it on the tv there in the hallways or something but im a paying customer like anyone else and besides i go for the gear i can get and i usually warm up or cool down in the store all game anyway which also works cause of my eyes i cant see the field anyway so i watch the tv in the store but i know im inside and i also know i can buy stuff plus i always get on the field and get autographs got 6 of the guys this year my autograph collection is massive think of all the world series teams in the new stadium i have the key guys think of the old stadium i have the key guys think of the even older stadium i have those key guys too best part is my only paid autographs are 100 for lou brock 50 for bob gibson 30 for ozzie smith all three hall of famers and i got ozzie the same year he went in someone at the stadium had made a pricing mistake i paid and out of there i went coincidently the very next week i went back saw my picture at 150 bucks and smiled whatever happens with me im lucky in memoribilia and coins or even both at once last game i bought a plaque with game used dirt and a 24 carat gold commemrative coin no its not a us issue or legal tender anywhre but its pure gold

corroded
10-23-2011, 07:26 AM
You know what you are? You are "hell on wheels". You get around and do more than a person
on two feet ever thought about doing. This is wonderful, there is no holding you back. I am
going to Jacksonville coin show Saturday the 12th, will be there around 9:00am, are you going?

Bill

kingofcoins
10-23-2011, 04:47 PM
but this brings up an interesting question whats the going rate on a bottom of the barrel condition 11S AND 12S if i can buy them because that will only leave me the 09 s vdb 09 s 14d and 31s what are the low end prices on these as well cause if your interested in helping me out on any ill buy from you or i can send you the money and you buy for me again there i go trusting people because i was told people are basically good