View Full Version : 1998-D Wavy Steps?

Bri
11-14-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey again,

Here is the last noteable variety/error coin I found in that one roll last night. I see what appears to be wavy steps but when I looked it up on the Wavy Steps/Trail Die site I couldn't find it. Hopefully I stumbled on to something that could be listed as a new discovery! My fingers are crossed but I am not holding my breath because I would be really tired of turning blue. :LOL_Hair:

Thanks in advance for your comments and opinions.

peace-

enamel7
11-14-2011, 02:35 PM
I don't know Bri. I'm not seeing anything, but sometimes I just don't.

Roller
11-14-2011, 02:49 PM
I do not see it either.

jfines69
11-14-2011, 03:13 PM
It looks like a little PSD to me but I'm not the WS pro... Maybe Aisha or Jean!!!

lineop3
11-15-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm with the doubters on this one Bri...I just don't see it, sorry.

Aisha

Bri
11-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Put another picture of what I am seeing. From what I seen on the Wavy Steps/Trail Die site examples I thought it was pretty obvious. If I am wrong, Please educate me, but it looks like a trail die from the bottom of the collumn going underneath the steps. Isn't that what creates the "wavy steps" anomoly?

mustbebob
11-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Bri, A wavy step does not go under the steps (I know exactly what you are trying to say). What it does is distort the steps., not making it appear that they are raised. The wavy look can be very minor, or very well defined. Have a look at the following pic from the site, and you can see where the steps look wavy rather than straight across.

Bri
11-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Ok That's what I was wanting to know. I guess I was looking at the pics on the sight incorrectly. Appreciate the help.