PDA

View Full Version : Stage A 1909 VDB #2 DDO

coinman2009
11-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Today I Am Excited To Share Pics Of The Earliest Die State That I've Seen Of The FS-1102 1909 V.D.B. DoubledDie. This Stage A Piece Has No Filled B In LIBERTY. Now To Find A Nicer MS Example!:)

liveandievarieties
11-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow, way cool! I'm willing to make a serious wager that if you sent this die state to PCGS they wouldn't give the attribution on the holder- I've had plenty of similar things occur, leads me to believe that they attribute FS varieties solely by using the Cherrypicker's guide.

You've got more experience with this variety than anyone I know of- How rare would you say that Stage A is?

coinman2009
11-14-2011, 02:54 PM
No Idea How Rare???? I've Examined About Every One That's Got A Decent Enough Picture To See Anything On The Internet! I've Figured Out Between P.C.G.S. & Anacs There's About 415 Graded, Not Including P.C.G.S. Genuine, Couldn't Find That #. I've Seen Mis-Attributed Coins That I'd Bet Were Not #2's In P.C.G.S. Holder's, And I've Got A P.C.G.S. Unattributed 64RD??? A Few Years Back They Hadn't Identified A Stage A Yet, Now Variety Vista Lists A Stage A!! I'd Love To Get All Mine Attributed, Someday! Thrilled About Acquiring This One!:)

liveandievarieties
11-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Flat out cool man, thanks for schoolin' us!