View Full Version : AU/BU DDO? Could it Be this time?

Bri
11-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Hey everybody!

Found this one today and it looks promising. I am seeing what appears to be notching in the NW & SE corners of the letters "ERTY" and "IN" in the motto. There is nothing significant in the words GOD WE TRUST, LIB, or the date.

I would be happy to send this one in to one of the attributers for an in hand inspection if necessary.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

Peace-

RWBILLER
11-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi
Your almost uncirculated/brilliant uncirculated 1982 doesn't look like a doubled die. The one I bought had separation on liberty - especially on the be. Do any of the markets
Match on coppercoins?
I really hope it's one of them. Let's see what the ddo experts say. Especially with my eyes - which are improving since I don't have to take the chemical cocktail any more.
Thx and goodluck
Roger

mustbebob
11-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Could you shoot a pic of the LIB of LIBERTY please?

Bri
11-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Could you shoot a pic of the LIB of LIBERTY please?

I will have it on there early tomorrow. thx

Bri
11-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Hi
Your almost uncirculated/brilliant uncirculated 1982 doesn't look like a doubled die. The one I bought had separation on liberty - especially on the be. Do any of the markets
Match on coppercoins?
I really hope it's one of them. Let's see what the ddo experts say. Especially with my eyes - which are improving since I don't have to take the chemical cocktail any more.
Thx and goodluck
Roger

Thanks Roger. I am usually wrong on these but this was extra strong in thickness and I seen what appeared to be notching so...Anyway, good to hear you are not on the juice any more. Ozzy Ozbourne said it best in the song Suicide Solution; "Wine is fine, but whiskey's quicker/suicide is slow with liquor". Good for you! It DOES make looking at small details alot easier. :D

RWBILLER
11-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Hi
The juice I was on was a toxic cocktail for lung cancer - I quit the alcohol on april 8, 1985.
Roger

Bri
11-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Ok Bob, Here are the pics of LIBE plus a few others. Thanks for looking.

Bri
11-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Sorry Roger, I misunderstood.

mustbebob
11-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the extra pics Bri. I just can't see enough evidence of it being a doubled die. I would have to see this one in hand to make a final determination, but I am thinking it is not a variety.