PDA

View Full Version : [Example] 2005-D Lincoln Triple Struck

1sgret
10-19-2008, 06:03 AM
With the use of the Schuler Press at the Mints, this is not supposed to happen. However I do love Mint Errors of this category.

This is a 2005-D Lincoln 1C which is Triple Struck and graded MS-66 Red. Granted the strikes are small however they are present.

This coin was struck at the Denver Mint which is known to have excellent quality control procedures. Unusual to say the least!!!!!!

snowman
10-19-2008, 06:31 AM
i'm suprised it got by the mints "riddler"

is this your coin ? did you find this error,buy it raw or bought it slabbed ?

Snowman

amac44
10-19-2008, 08:22 AM
very nice one great grade also

1sgret
10-19-2008, 08:25 AM
i'm surprised it got by the mints "riddler"

is this your coin ? did you find this error,buy it raw or bought it slabbed ?

Snowman

Your right about getting past the riddler.

Yes,this is my coin and it was purchased at a coin show. The dealer thought it was double clipped, however when I took it out of the flip I knew it was triple struck. I bought it very quickly. :)

All coins that are pictured on this Forum and "MY Albums" reside in my collection.

Some have been purchased raw then sent in for encapsulation, others were bought at auction, coin shows or from individuals.

Alot of the variety/error coins that I have were found in circulation or Cherrypicked from coin shows or mismarked at auctions and tables at shows etc.

Brad
10-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Your "My Albums" does no not link anywhere like mine does. I'm not sure how to fix that. You should PM Pat.

1sgret
10-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Your "My Albums" does no not link anywhere like mine does. I'm not sure how to fix that. You should PM Pat.

:(Yeah I saw that. The only place that will link is below the Green on line square (Albums symbol). As always, I'm behind on computers. I'll get in touch with Pat. Thanks!!!!:)