PDA

View Full Version : [Example] 2006p-1do-006

1sgret
10-25-2008, 04:55 PM
2006 was an excellent year for DDO"s/DDR's. Just an example, my daughter picked up a $25.00 box in GA and brought it up to me for a present for Father's Day. I stuck the box back unopened until March of this year. At first I did not find anything really interesting until I had opened about 8-9 rolls.

I found 307 DDO's (2006P-1DO-006).:) I found no DDR's. These coins may be EDS as they have none of the reverse markers from CC Site. The crack runs from the eyelid up above the eyebrow.

I kept 207 and gave my daughter 100 for the Grand Kids. Little late on opening the present but worth the wait.

Sorry about the color on the pictures, however my regular light went South and I used a florescent light.

OCD
10-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Nice find. 2006 was a good year for the variety hunter.:D

1sgret
10-25-2008, 05:13 PM
:tinysmile_eyebrow_t Yes it was and I still have 1 sealed bank box and about 11 rolls in the bottom of the closet "Waiting for a nothing to do DAY":LOL_Hair: Thanks Jeremy

krybulon
10-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Sir, as a beginner I would appreciate some explanations.
Here is what you wrote:
"These coins may be EDS as they have none of the reverse markers from CC Site."

What are these EDS and CC's ?
Best regards,
Andy.

mustbebob
10-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi Andy,
I can answer your questions for you. EDS stands for Early Die State. We primarily use 3 die states to explain the condition of the die when it struck a coin. EDS, MDS (Mid die state) and LDS (Late die state).
The CC he refers to is the web site coppercoins.com.

1sgret
10-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks Bob, I was off in the other room searching rolls.

JeanK
10-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Nice find Joe!
Okay fellas, from the pictures I see it looks as if the die pushed the metal aside when it struck. Please explain to me what is the difference that makes this coin a DDO?
Still learning...
Thanks,
JeanK

trails
10-26-2008, 06:29 AM
The key in this doubled die is the uneven thickness on the date and LIBERTY. If you look at the zeros in the date, the appear lopsided and the 2 digit does not have consistent thickness (which it should have).

Now look at LIBERTY. The best place to look for a doubled die is on the Y. Notice that the thickness on both the arms is not the same. In this case the right arm is much thicker than the left arm.. Looking a bit harder at LIBERTY, you will see unequal thickness (of the bars) in all the letters.

The pictures do not show the notching well, however, a quick trip over to Coppercoins will give you an idea of what notching is. Take a look at all the 2006 Lincoln cent obverse doubled dies and it will help you get a grasp on what to look for.

BJ Neff

CCC
10-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Nice find's Joe. I still have 2 ea. boxes un-opened. I guess I will get to them one day.

1sgret
10-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Nice find's Joe. I still have 2 ea. boxes un-opened. I guess I will get to them one day.

:tinysmile_eyebrow_t Send me one and I will help you!:LOL_Hair: Thanks David:

JeanK
10-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Super find! A gift that keeps giving... perfect.
JeanK

CCC
10-26-2008, 02:12 PM
:tinysmile_eyebrow_t Send me one and I will help you!:LOL_Hair: Thanks David:

I know how much luck you have with GA. Rolls. It seems that I don't have as much luck. In due time I might, I have several Boxes of different Dates that I haven't gotten to.

1sgret
10-26-2008, 02:38 PM
I have several Boxes of different Dates that I haven't gotten to.[/quote]

Same here and I hate to open them, so I keep getting circulated boxes and bags to keep busy with.

CCC
10-26-2008, 02:57 PM
I have several Boxes of different Dates that I haven't gotten to.

Same here and I hate to open them, so I keep getting circulated boxes and bags to keep busy with.[/quote]

I do the same as far as staying away from the boxes. I have over 1000 rolls of wheats that I haven't gone thru yet. I have very little time but I do the best I can to take advantage of my time and at home to look thru them. It is difficult and very frustrating because you want to look at everything you have. If you would like to see my setup Joe, PM me.

David