PDA

View Full Version : 2006 P extra #7 pillar

Paul
04-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Found another one of those extra #7 pillars, last one was a 2004 P. I can't match this one up either on CC. Bob, Charles please take a look.

Thanks in advance
Paul

cimperialis
04-09-2012, 04:20 PM
This one is too minor to list on Coppercoins. It would only be on there if it was one of the first found, before Bob and Chuck decided not to include every single one.

Paul
04-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Wow there must be a ton of these things, and all slightly different.

Thanks for the tip.

cimperialis
04-09-2012, 04:35 PM
There are a ton of these indeed. I first started by pulling these out. I spent hours attributing them all. Then I realized for all the time I spent, I could be searching another box for WAMs and doubled dies. The trade of time was worth it to me. Now I just put these in a tube, but only if the doubling is longer than Lincoln's arm or leg.

mustbebob
04-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Sean is correct. Although this is a legitimate doubled die, it is just too minor for inclusion on coppercoins. Our criteria is that the doubling be at least as long as the arm or leg. If it has doubling of the feet, knees or legs, I will consider it individually, no matter how minor it may seem.

Paul
04-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks Bob!

corroded
04-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Collecting these things are a labor of love. I have been collecting them since 05 or 06 and have
accumulated a massive collection because I believe if one is to collect these Doubled Columns,
one has to have every length, size, 6th and 7th column, the whole thing. I will never send any in to
be attributed, I am content to live with them on my shelf here, all in order and identified by my own
numbering system, last count was close to 720 different. I don't feel I have wasted time because
if one is to collect coins one is to collect coins period, it's another boxful. If members want to send
theirs into be attributed, I always check to see if i have it, I give it the number assigned, and put it
back in the box. So far, no new ones to me have been listed.

Bill