PDA

View Full Version : Is this DDR strong enough to list?

Chugly
04-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello again,

Found this one a while back and I don't see a listing for it on Coppercoins. Just wondering if you guys think its worthy of sending in to Bob or Chuck? This coin exhibits apparent double columns to the right of the statue. There also might be an extra knee in the left arm of Lincoln, but I can't be sure of that. Anyway, thanks for you opinions!

John

pman860507
04-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I think someone said that the Doubling had to be the size of Lincolns leg for it to be listed. unless its a part of Lincolns body.
Yours is close but to me it looks a little short. I dont know anything about double knees so i don't know what to look for on that.

mustbebob
04-11-2012, 04:34 PM
This is one that I would be willing to have a look at. The fact that it is a tilted, and a tripled die, with a possible extra knee is well worth listing it, even though the length may be borderline.

coppercoins
04-11-2012, 05:18 PM
The deal with the length ONLY applies to coins for which the length is the ONLY measure that it is indeed a doubled die. If there is more than one doubled feature on the design, ANY length qualifies.

I, however, am not sure this is a doubled die at all.

RWBILLER
04-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Nice find - again.

Chugly
04-11-2012, 07:33 PM
The deal with the length ONLY applies to coins for which the length is the ONLY measure that it is indeed a doubled die. If there is more than one doubled feature on the design, ANY length qualifies.

I, however, am not sure this is a doubled die at all.

Thanks for the clarification Chuck. This one looks so similar to some of the other "tilted column" types, I just assumed that's what it was. It could very well be a well placed series of die gouges that I am also so good at finding:LOL_Hair: