PDA

View Full Version : FREE To good home.

pennies4pennies
04-22-2012, 03:15 PM
This coin is free to a good home. PEEK-A-BOO . It was listed as 1992 1do-001 but is now is a learning coin. As you can see the coin has problems. It needs some TLC.

First person who post here wanting it will get it free. Please PM me with name and address.
Frank

onecent1909
04-22-2012, 03:48 PM
ill take it....love to learn...
THANKS
John
P.S. I am PMing you now

simonm
04-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Glad it's going to a good home. Frank is a really generous guy.

pennies4pennies
04-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Glad it's going to a good home. Frank is a really generous guy.

Now you did it. Now my head is bigger then my hat.:LOL_Hair:

But really, as I see it we are all collectors of some kind of coin. Brotherly love in this coin collecting is not about how much money is it worth or I got something better then you or who has what and more. Collecting is also about giving and sharing the knowledge and it's not the condition of the coin or value. It's the thought that counts when we share and pass coins back and fourth to each other. I have been giving some coins from members and have giving many away and thats the way it should be. This coin is not the greatest but some one can learn from it and maybe one day they will pass it on to some one else so they can see and learn. Isn't this what collecting is all about? The share of joy with each other.

onecent1909
04-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Thank you...and I will pass on some coins.....my wife is a teacher...in Florida we have a standardized test called FCAT...she teaches 3rd and 4th grade writing reading and social studies... every year I find out how many 4th graders are in the school...get a couple of rolls of wheat cent...and give each 4th grader a "lucky cent" for the test.... I have made 12 new coin collectors that I know of in the last 8 years....also when the Florida quarter came out went to the release...got 2 rolls... and gave each of my wives kids 1...dropped off a red book to the library to boot.....again Thanks for the coin

pennies4pennies
04-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank you...and I will pass on some coins.....my wife is a teacher...in Florida we have a standardized test called FCAT...she teaches 3rd and 4th grade writing reading and social studies... every year I find out how many 4th graders are in the school...get a couple of rolls of wheat cent...and give each 4th grader a "lucky cent" for the test.... I have made 12 new coin collectors that I know of in the last 8 years....also when the Florida quarter came out went to the release...got 2 rolls... and gave each of my wives kids 1...dropped off a red book to the library to boot.....again Thanks for the coin

That is nice of you. Thats how we keep or hobby going. That is what I am talking about. The joy on those kids faces must be worth a million dollars when you hand them a wheat cent. The coins is your's to keep. A member pass it to me here and in turn I had my joy and now it's your turn to enjoy.