PDA

View Full Version : thanks limit

willbrooks
05-01-2012, 07:14 PM
I have seen it posted a couple of times that folks have "run out of thanks." Just out of curiosity, when does one "run out of thanks?" Also, and more importantly, I can cast good-natured insults in perpetuity, right?

Rollem
05-01-2012, 07:20 PM
The Vbulletin board script that is running this forum is programmed to not allow a second thanks to anyone until you have thanked someone else. Go Figure!:bigsmile:

James

willbrooks
05-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Hmmm. I would thank you for that information, James, but, well, you understand....

Maineman750
05-02-2012, 03:04 AM
We haven't quite figured out how many times you can give thanks before you run out....and then it seems like you have to wait 24 hours before you get a refill.

willbrooks
05-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Well, sure, we wouldn't want unchecked thankfulness running rampant. It would be mayhem! :squigglemouth:

cimperialis
05-02-2012, 06:50 AM
At first I thought "Who's limit?" :LOL_Hair:

wapa
05-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Me too! :sign10:

I think the most thanks I have giving at one time is 5. Then 24 hours later you can give more. Maybe that is just for one thread. I never really paid much attention to it. All I know is that some times I run out.

willbrooks
05-02-2012, 09:57 AM

Ha! Nice. Yes, a comma, even in its absence, is a powerful thing. And don't even get me started on colons at my age. *winky face*

flyhi3
05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
:sign10: :)

Fido_Finder
05-03-2012, 05:44 AM
Hmmm. I would thank you for that information, James, but, well, you understand....

THAT was good!

:LOL_Hair::LOL_Hair::LOL_Hair:

willbrooks
05-03-2012, 11:39 AM
So, has anyone ever "removed their thanks?" I see that is an option. Seems kind of mean to take your thanks back and give it to someone else. :(

liveandievarieties
05-03-2012, 11:45 AM
You know, it actually makes sense. I know there are some very thankful members who would use a thanks on every post they liked. Limiting your thanks seems to kind of maintain a value in the action.

And yeah- I've un-thanked people before, hehe.

willbrooks
05-03-2012, 11:50 AM
You know, it actually makes sense. I know there are some very thankful members who would use a thanks on every post they liked. Limiting your thanks seems to kind of maintain a value in the action.

And yeah- I've un-thanked people before, hehe.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. I realize I am having a little fun with this thread, but I absolutely understand whythe parameters are necessary. I was just genuinely curious about when one ran out and I didn't know if you got more after a while or not. All joking aside, this was informative for me.