PDA

View Full Version : 1953 S RPM hard time

pennies4pennies
05-10-2012, 10:26 PM
I am having a hard time finding this RPM. I think because of the placement of the S. I check Coppercoins but maybe I missed something. Anybody know?
Frank

simonm
05-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Frank, I think I just found it's twin, no lie! Placement is the same, nearly touching the 5. Can't find anything on CC.

pennies4pennies
05-10-2012, 10:55 PM
I have 2 of them. I can't find anything. If we are lucky and they are new then send yours to Bob and you can have the credit if it's a new discovery.
Frank

wapa
05-11-2012, 10:34 AM
I am just guessing, but I don't see an rpm. I see a mm that may have some die deterioration and maybe some pmd. However, I have a very hard time seeing these things anyway. I just hope it isn't to obvious if pointed out and I can't see it without the pointer. lol It seems the circ "S" mm always are distorted and squished. If it is a rpm, congrats on the finds and maybe you guys have a new one.

coop
05-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I see a 1952-S on your images and the thread is listed as 1953-S. LOL (I've done that before)

The location is a match for 1952-S RPM #10. The circulation removed what the upper part of the RPM, but the notch is there.

If you would like to see images? Email me.

simonm
05-11-2012, 10:44 AM
I am just guessing, but I don't see an rpm. I see a mm that may have some die deterioration and maybe some pmd. However, I have a very hard time seeing these things anyway. I just hope it isn't to obvious if pointed out and I can't see it without the pointer. lol It seems the circ "S" mm always are distorted and squished. If it is a rpm, congrats on the finds and maybe you guys have a new one.

Check out the split at the top. Characteristic of an RPM.

pennies4pennies
05-11-2012, 10:55 AM
I see a 1952-S on your images and the thread is listed as 1953-S. LOL (I've done that before)

LOL your right. Fixed. But still I see no listing. Not unless it is one with out a picture. Might have to do some Coneca searching.
Frank

wapa
05-11-2012, 11:03 AM

Yeah I saw the split, but the bulge right next to it sort of through me, I am think that is pmd, the bulge a chip. I still don't see anything except for damage and maybe some md. But I am hopeful (am positive) I am totally wrong as you guys have a whole lot more experience than I do. I hate these subtle ones. The split serifs can be be really offset or just a line. Frustrating. Hopefully it is a new one for you guys.

coop
05-11-2012, 11:07 AM
I added some more information on the post above:

The location is a match for 1952-S RPM #10. The circulation removed what the upper part of the RPM, but the notch is there.

If you would like to see images? Email me.

Rubenthelincolnguy
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Hey, I see it!!!!! no kidding, I wasn't able to see it even with the arrows, sometimes, we new guys are afraid to ask what other people is seeing, so thanks for the pinpointing explanation Simmon!

pennies4pennies
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Right you are coop. I never check coneca. Mark how good of detail do you have on yours? Bob might copy it for Coppercoins and give you credit. Ask Bob.
Frank

pennies4pennies
05-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Hey, I see it!!!!! no kidding, I wasn't able to see it even with the arrows, sometimes, we new guys are afraid to ask what other people is seeing, so thanks for the pinpointing explanation Simmon!

Never be afraid to ask!!!!!!! How else are you going to learn. Some of us were there before to and we asked.
Frank