PDA

View Full Version : 1909P-1DR-003 also 1909P-1DO-002?

Rubenthelincolnguy
05-19-2012, 04:11 PM
All help will be appreciated.
Found today this 1909 DDR CLASS 6

Look for it in copper coins, very exited, it is there, also shows extra thickness on ONE and, unfortunatly is has some wear so I was unable to find a separation on L, but it looks very thick, so it might be a 19091dr-001 also.

Any way, looking at the OBVERSE, the date as well as IBERTY show DDO class 6 also, but I am in doubt in what Abe's details, like EYE LID and BOW TIE, I think it might be more a DDO details there. Thanks for your help also, with the premium, I need to list it today, and I have a clue on what is is worth, however don't know how much to list it for a start... I would appreciated some ideas. Thanks

Rubenthelincolnguy
05-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Here is a close shot at the date

hasfam
05-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Rueben,
I don't see any Class VI doubling on the revese or the obverse. The dots in E PLUIBUS UNUM are not elongated and the extra thickness of the E and L and other letters might be from die or circulation wear. There is nothing on the obverse side that shows hub doubling either. Your photos don't show enough detail to see if any markers are there, especially of the reverse. Really, I'm thinking you have a worn coin thats showing fattened devices and not hub doubling.

Rubenthelincolnguy
05-19-2012, 04:27 PM
ioooooooooooooh crap that is bad news..... thanks

thecentcollector
05-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I see circulation wear as well. No hub doubling.

jcuve
05-19-2012, 06:58 PM
The obverse does not show anything resembling class VI extra thickness; the reverse is close, but like Rock and Andrew I sense circulation wear - and even if it had minor extra thickness in the E, P & L, the circulation wear has made positive identification nearly impossible. What you should note is the roundness of the thickened letters corners, (and again as noted) the lack of elongation with the dots, in particular the first dot. Class VI hub doubling has other characteristics.

Rubenthelincolnguy
05-19-2012, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys, is disapointing, but what else can I do but to swallow the hard truth... Thanks again!!!!

pman860507
05-19-2012, 08:32 PM
best advice i can give you.

Get a cheap example of a Class 6 DDR. When you see it you will **** bricks :).

You will never miss one again, or just wait and when you do see one you will be like "oh wow cant miss that!"

Rubenthelincolnguy
05-20-2012, 12:36 AM
tHANKS, i have found some, already, so it is harder to me to be mistaken here. I guess that I am so in to finding another one, that I see them where their are not. :(