PDA

View Full Version : Springfield, IL Coin Show

Brad
07-20-2012, 10:45 AM
I will be at the Springfield, IL coin show this Sunday. If anyone is going let me know.

eaxtellcoin
07-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Brad.. I'll be there with bells and whistles. Just ask any of the dealers if they've seen the RPM guy. and no not Frank Zapuchek
I'll look for the RPM's, you can have all the Double Dies!:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Brad
07-20-2012, 09:02 PM
It will be great to meet you. Here is a picture of me, so you know what I look like: http://www.lincolncentresource.com/Brad_Podraza.html

See you there!

kloccwork419
07-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Ill be there..Heres a pic of me..

Dont worry. I shaved the mustache since then so you could recognize me but who knows, I got alot of tattoos since then....lolol

but really, I wont be there.:LOL_Hair:

eaxtellcoin
07-21-2012, 11:24 AM
I think I can find a snapshot we used for my Foid Card. Oh, whoops they use your drivers lic pic now! Here I am, i'll see you there.

seal006
07-22-2012, 06:19 PM
So how was the show guys?

Brad
07-22-2012, 07:26 PM
The show was great. It took us 4 hours to drive there, but it was a lot of fun. It was a very busy show, and I bought and sold a lot of coins. Eric bought a rpm from me, and we spent some time talking. It is always great to meet LCR members. Eric is a really friendly guy, who loves rpm's more than anyone on the planet. He also alerted me to the fact that I had a 1915 S Lincoln marked 1915 D....oops.

seal006
07-22-2012, 07:34 PM
That is awesome. I have a dream to meet Bob someday. I got to meet many of my rock idols in my days as a music store manager. I met Robert Plant, Ozzy, Bon Jovi, Gene Simmons, and list goes on and on. Never have I got to meet a numismatic giant. I can dream can't I?

simonm
07-22-2012, 07:36 PM
I almost got to meet a few members at the long beach coin show, but plans fell through at the last minute...I plan on paying Chris a visit when I tour some colleges up in Washington...as for the rest of you wonderful people, I hope to meet you all at some future time. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

mustbebob
07-23-2012, 04:18 AM
That is awesome. I have a dream to meet Bob someday.

Awww...Quit it. I'm blushing now. :~

I have met a couple of people from this forum so far, and will meet another later this week. It is really cool to put a face to the name.

Maybe we can all have a BBQ at Brad's house, and everyone can show up???

kloccwork419
07-23-2012, 04:42 AM
If I pull up on the Harley full of tattoos will you think I'm at the wrong BBQ?

seal006
07-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Awww...Quit it. I'm blushing now. :~

I have met a couple of people from this forum so far, and will meet another later this week. It is really cool to put a face to the name.

Maybe we can all have a BBQ at Brad's house, and everyone can show up???

I'm in. I will bring some potato salad.

busyeye
07-23-2012, 12:05 PM
The show was great. It took us 4 hours to drive there, but it was a lot of fun. It was a very busy show, and I bought and sold a lot of coins. Eric bought a rpm from me, and we spent some time talking. It is always great to meet LCR members. Eric is a really friendly guy, who loves rpm's more than anyone on the planet. He also alerted me to the fact that I had a 1915 S Lincoln marked 1915 D....oops.

Glad it went great for you Brad!

Brad
07-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Eric shared the RPM's he found at the show with me. He located at least 5 including a nice Silver Nickel RPM.

eaxtellcoin
07-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Results of the Springfield show. Here was the list: Bought three coins in bad lighting that turned out to be regular coins a 10-S, 29-S and a 35-S that I paid waaay to much for. Going to have to watch that guy....44-D RPM#8B 1C in VF+, Brad will call it XF, I call it VF+, funny we graded the coins he had bought, I was usually 1 grade lower. Chris always tells me i'm to rough on the grade, at least it will never get returned :) a 1945-D RPM#10 1C, a 2009-S FY that has a proof DDR that looks alot like others from the Denver or Philly mint, going to have to send this one in!!! Nickels - 1945-S RPM#1, a 46-D dime with a nice D/D west, a gem BU FS-601(018.8) RPM#3B and a FS-501 in Fine. Not to great, had more fun talking to Brad, 2 hour drives S-ck!!