PDA

View Full Version : [Example] 1955 PROOF Doubled Die Reverse

1sgret
12-19-2008, 09:15 AM
This is one of the first coins that I Cherry picked at a Colorado Coin Show back in 1984.

I purchased the 1955 Proof Set just for this coin.

It is hard to find any information on this coin and it is Graded PF-62 Red by ANACS.
It has since toned to a Red/Gold color. The first two pictures do not do it justice as they did not come out too well using my Canon Camera.:|

The close-up's showing the doubling/Separation Lines in the lettering and left lower wheat stalk were taken with my USB AM 400 camera.:D

It would probably be considered a Reverse Minor Doubled Die.

Maybe someone here on this Forum can give me some more information on the coin. I would appreciate any information or comments.

kloccwork419
12-19-2008, 09:32 AM
It toned like that while in the slab?..Odd but very nice. I cant get over toning...I love it!!

1sgret
12-19-2008, 09:40 AM
It toned like that while in the slab?..Odd but very nice. I cant get over toning...I love it!!

Yes it did and if I was slabbed like this one for that long I would be toned also instead of all Wrinkled!!!!:LOL_Hair:

kloccwork419
12-19-2008, 09:48 AM
lolol...I had to read that a few time before I finally got it!!!!

Very Nice coin!!!

jcuve
12-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Hmm, class II doubling on EPU and the lower wheat stalks...maybe it is DDR-002? I know it isn't DDR-004 as I have one. Too bad CONECA doesn't have pictures with their database...

Whatever it is, its nice and the toning makes it better!

As far as color issues with your camera, you might try getting Photoshop and learning curve corrections. Then you'd be able to make adjustments to get the color right.

1sgret
12-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Hmm, class II doubling on EPU and the lower wheat stalks...maybe it is DDR-002? I know it isn't DDR-004 as I have one. Too bad CONECA doesn't have pictures with their database...

Whatever it is, its nice and the toning makes it better!

As far as color issues with your camera, you might try getting Photoshop and learning curve corrections. Then you'd be able to make adjustments to get the color right.

OK Jason, just what I need more technicial junk to really get me confused.:LOL_Hair: I don't think the lighting was set correctly when I took them and the toning of the coin is super. It just looks ugly in the two pictures. Red and Gold toning with some sea green under that. Thanks for the comments and yes I wish CONECA would post pics like Bob & Chuck have on CC.

Daggit
12-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Very nice Joe

CCC
12-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Nice Coin Joe. Perhap's the Toning will be a extra bonus.