PDA

View Full Version : Error Lamination | 1960 D DDO #3 with Lamination?

grnwavdav
12-25-2008, 10:29 PM
I have shown a close up of the date of this coin before. But I was taking pictures for my catalog and I notice this. I saw it before but I thought it was post mint damage. But under my microscope it looks like a lamination error. The major spot is by Lincoln's ear and there is another spot in LIBERTY in between the E and the R. What do you guys think?

1sgret
12-26-2008, 02:42 AM
The damage under the "R" looks as though it is damage to the planchet before striking along with a die chip in the legs of the "R".

The face has a scrape from some foreign object damage to the die.

AgCollector
12-26-2008, 04:39 AM
Actually I think it's a lamination error too since it runs in more or less a straight line, and the close-up has metal flaking up.

1sgret
12-26-2008, 04:47 AM
Actually I think it's a lamination error too since it runs in more or less a straight line, and the close-up has metal flaking up.

AGCollector: You are correct as I did not look at all the pictures prior to making my conclusion.:crossedlips: Lamination for Sure.:)

grnwavdav
12-26-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks Joe and AgCollector. It's always nice to have a coin with two different types of errors.

1sgret
12-26-2008, 10:39 AM
When I posted this AM I think I was still asleep.

Yes; it is nice to have variety coin with an error. That is a nice find. Congrats.

CCC
12-26-2008, 01:31 PM
When I posted this AM I think I was still asleep.

Yes; it is nice to have variety coin with an error. That is a nice find. Congrats.

Wake up Joe! Vacation is a wonderful thing!

1sgret
12-26-2008, 01:45 PM
[quote=CCC;14417]Wake up Joe! Vacation is a wonderful thing![/quote

:(I got up too early on this vacation to go to Wally World for my better half and I was dreading it all night. I was still sleep walking when I posted on the thread. AGCollecter woke me up when I got home and I read his post.

OH well, what can I say!!!!!!!!!:LOL_Hair:

CCC
12-26-2008, 01:47 PM
[quote=CCC;14417]Wake up Joe! Vacation is a wonderful thing![/quote

:(I got up too early on this vacation to go to Wally World for my better half and I was dreading it all night. I was still sleep walking when I posted on the thread. AGCollecter woke me up when I got home and I read his post.

I do understand.

RWBILLER
12-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Looks like a extra cool lamination.
nice find.
Roger

AgCollector
12-26-2008, 05:02 PM
...I was still sleep walking when I posted on the thread. AGCollecter woke me up when I got home and I read his post.

No big deal, it happens- I always have a couple cups of coffee before doing anything else, maybe some of it transferred through to help wake you up!

1sgret
12-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Yup! Something did or it was the fear of the crowd at Wally World in the Christmas Decoration Dept. They were fighting over the "Discounted decorations". I had to leave!

WOMEN!!!!!!!!!! (LOL) The husbands were in the cars waiting for the women to come out of the store.