PDA

View Full Version : First time submitting to Anacs

addictedtocoins
10-18-2012, 05:33 AM
I have sent my first submission to anacs and just checked my order status and it said shipping. I see the coins listed but there are no grades.
Is this common ?

hasfam
10-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Yes. You will rec've an email soon which will show the grades. You could check your order status later today also, it might have the grades by then.

addictedtocoins
10-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Thank you hasfam !

DCW
10-18-2012, 07:34 AM
You might not want the grades...
Just got an order back where they very conveniently found a "rub" on all my coins I had graded at 63rb! AU58 has got to be the biggest scam going.

Maineman750
10-18-2012, 07:48 AM
You might not want the grades...
Just got an order back where they very conveniently found a "rub" on all my coins I had graded at 63rb! AU58 has got to be the biggest scam going.

AU58 is pretty desirable though...ask Chris about PCGS Everyman series.

liveandievarieties
10-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah, AU58 in a PCGS holder is just fine, but PCGS grades relatively accuately. ANACS seems to be under heavy sedatives when evaluating a coin's grade. No kidding, I get coins that would grade -65 Red at PCGS or NGC from ANACS slabbed as MS62RB and 63RB all the time.

DCW
10-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Yeah, AU58 in a PCGS holder is just fine, but PCGS grades relatively accuately. ANACS seems to be under heavy sedatives when evaluating a coin's grade. No kidding, I get coins that would grade -65 Red at PCGS or NGC from ANACS slabbed as MS62RB and 63RB all the time.

So true. In fact, I foolishly cracked my 94 ddr-7 out of a pcgs 65rd holder and anacs called it Ms63rb! It's:( a brilliant red coin!

liveandievarieties
10-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Yup, I don't send them anything except for die varieties that sell themselves (regardless of foolish grade assigned). I think ANACS does this in an effort to grade "conservatively", attempting to gain a larger market share, but all they're doing is pissing off their paying customers. Makes no sense at all.

willbrooks
10-18-2012, 01:26 PM

I have a lot more experience with slabbed IHCs, soI can't really directly speak about slabbed Lincolns due to lack of experience, but I am at the point where I trust pcgs only with accuracy. I can assert with confidence that NGC overgrades Indian Head cents with wreckless abandon. PCGS is accurate. Is it the same with Lincolns? I am hopeful to use anacs for slabbing some varieties that the others don't seem to recognize.

addictedtocoins
10-19-2012, 09:26 AM
It was my first submission to anacs..I sent in several lincolns 1982 small date bronze which came back 65 & 66.. I was thinking maybe they would be a higher grade....I have several more I found in the same brick that I think may have a shot at 67..After reading liveandievarieties post. I may send the others to pcgs.

amosamos16
10-20-2012, 07:52 PM
I had the opposite happen. I sold my 10 s rpm 2 to Bob ( watersport). Anacs graded it ms 62. I really agreed with that grade. I bought it as a 63. After he bought it he sent it to pcgs for his set they graded it Au 55. So I don't know what the heck to think.

lucybug
10-22-2012, 05:46 AM
Let us know what the grade is when they get back. I just recieved a 1982 small date zinc cent back from anacs graded as a MS68.