PDA

View Full Version : 1939 s rpm.

bowler
11-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Here is a 1939s that has mm issues Can you help me know what I'm seeing.?? Thank you for the input.

simonm
11-11-2012, 11:06 PM
First of all, it always helps to have the pics oriented the correct way. From what I am seeing, I think there is some slight machine doubling at the top, other than that it looks like a normal coin.

bowler
11-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I still don't know why my pictures keep coming sideways. They are oriented right when I load them and them go sideways in my post. Can't figure out why. Thanks for looking.

Roller
11-12-2012, 06:49 AM
I agree with Simon. I also see MD on the 3 of the date which, for me, is a marker for MD on the MM.

bowler
11-12-2012, 07:06 AM
I'll just keep looking. You guys are really shooting me down. All good though. I do enjoy trying to stump you. Haven't been able to yet. :)

Steven
11-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Rotated....

Peter
11-12-2012, 08:24 AM
I'll just keep looking. You guys are really shooting me down. All good though. I do enjoy trying to stump you. Haven't been able to yet. :)

Why would you enjoy and want to stump us with coins that are obviously not errors and think that anyone here is that gullible? Most of us are serious collectors and here to learn and share knowledge, not to waste time.

bowler
11-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Why would you enjoy and want to stump us with coins that are obviously not errors and think that anyone here is that gullible? Most of us are serious collectors and here to learn and share knowledge, not to waste time.
My apologies. I am serious about learning more from this site and didn't mean to imply anyone on here is gullible and not serious about collecting. I learn more from each post. And maybe I can quit embarrassing myself with my posts. Don't mean to waste anyone's time. This is quite informative and fun. And Ill try to pick more interesting coins to post
Thanks.

jallengomez
11-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Goddard-

Not a wast of time at all. Internet conversations are hard to interpret sometimes, but I knew exactly that your tone was one of joking and humor about your learning process.

Chugly
11-20-2012, 12:18 PM
I agree, no harm done Goddardtx! Learning what to look for can be quite challenging I get what you were trying to say. I enjoy being quizzed and I think it helps keep all for us on our toes even if we don't actually respond to a post:).

This is a game where practice really does make perfect. Another thing that might really help you to have a group of known RPM's of varying types (tilted/rotated, etc...) in your actual possession to use as reference. This way, you can really start to learn the pick up points for what to look for and use that as a tool to find new ones.

If you PM me your address, I would be more than happy to send you a starter set of attributed RPM's to get you going. They really will make it easier to find new coins from there. No matter what, don't get discouraged. I promise if you actively learn and keep at it and you will become a master in no time. Good luck!

John