PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from NW Missouri!!

DSallee
11-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi all, although I have posted in quite a few post, I haven't officially introduced myself!!

My Name is David, I live in the NW part of Missouri. I've been collecting (looking) at coins since I was 12! (Tooo many years to count! LOL) I never got real deep into it, there was always something else that came up to distract me from this great hobby! There have been plenty of finds I wish I still had but over the years, moving and such... they got misplaced or taken or whatever... :|

Now that I'm older, a little more time on my hands, I'm ready to dive into this great hobby head first!! In case you have not put two and two together, Matt (Scott99) is my youngest son! :) ... I'm thinking I put the bug in his ear from my collecting days a while he was a youngster, he is doing an AWESOME job and has actually taught ME a few things recently!! LOL ... Thank you Matt for sparking the bug in me again!

Anyways, it's GREAT to be here and looking forward to being a part of this awesome community of cent collectors!!

Cheers!!
Dave

jallengomez
11-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Welcome to LCR Dave! I don't know if I would have associated myself with Matt, but to each his own :LOL_Hair:. J/k, Matt's great, and it's good to have both of you here.

jcuve
11-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Welcome to LCR!!!!

Peter
11-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Welcome to the LCR Forum! Are these our 1st multi generational members?

Brad
11-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Maineman750
11-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Welcome to LCR...your son is a great guy so I'm betting he gets it from you !

flyhi3
11-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Welcome to LCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your son has been kicking all our butts latley in the finds department LOL:LOL_Hair:, You must have taught him well :)

DSallee
11-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Welcome to LCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your son has been kicking all our butts latley in the finds department LOL:LOL_Hair:, You must have taught him well :)

Thanks!!!

HaHa... well as of lately, he has been teaching ME well!! :)

mustbebob
11-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Great to have you here Dave. I am hoping your finds can be as numerous and nice as Matt's. If we can do anything or answer questions for you, we have a bunch of the greatest collectors, and an incredible knowledge base here.

simonm
11-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Welcome aboard!

EE1969
11-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the LCR!

Steven
11-29-2012, 05:54 AM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!

SuddenAdoration
11-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the forum. I pop in every now and then. Another Sallee is a good addition! Looking forward to your posts :)
Karah

duck620
11-30-2012, 06:55 AM
Welcome to the LCR forum.

Ken.

DSallee
11-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! This IS the best forum on the net!

I have visited (not joined) a few other forums out there just to see what others were saying and finding... needless to say, the ones I did visit weren't that great... for instance I seen a few forums where people joined in feb this year, posted thier intros and posted a question about a cent they found... not a single person answered them or acknowledged they were new and welcomed them to this day!! Kinda sad really...

So without hesitation, I call LCR my home! Thank you ALL!

Dave

Chugly
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Sorry for the late welcome, but welcome none the less! I think I share a similar history to yours in that I have been interested in coins forever but never really got serious about them until a few years ago! Thanks to the LCR, I have been able to take it to a new level. Glad to have you!