PDA

View Full Version : 1980 and 1980d cents

CmonMang
12-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Thought these were cool, found them in the same bankrolled but in different spots of the roll. The coins are in pristine condition besides the marks and the 1980 d has a big black spot on the obverse also a die break?(looks like one) from one end to the other. They look like the memorial but it seems stamped on,... I dunno whats going on here but they seem pretty cool.

willbrooks
12-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Those spots on the obverse are too big to have come from the memorial building. Is it just dirt? Soak them in acetone and see if it comes off. Can you point out where you see the die break? I am not seeing it. Looks like the D cent may have been an end coin in a bank roll. The center part toned, while the area near the rim was protected by the wrapper.

Maineman750
12-04-2012, 08:21 AM
All I'm seeing is a couple of normal coins with environmental damage (stains).

CmonMang
12-04-2012, 08:45 AM
They werent in any ends they were somewhere in the middle separated from each other and no its not dirt, first i thought i was and imprint but looks like someone or thing stamped it on. Trust me its not dirt lol. And i guess its kinda faint but there is a line that goes top left to bottom right. Coins are in MS condition. Like i said besides the marks (pristine). I shouldnt of posted this on the Q and A never really wanted opinions on these coins. I just said they were cool. Well thanks for the opinions guys!