PDA

View Full Version : Forum Images

BadThad
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
How about changing how the forum deals with previously uploaded images? The current system plain sucks. It refers you to old threads which requires the user to copy and paste URL's. This is the ONLY forum I visit that refuses to automatically repost previously uploaded pics. Other forums seems to know the file name and just reuse the pics without complaint.

jcuve
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
We'll have to ask Peter what the forum software will allow.

hasfam
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Good idea.

rlm's cents
12-13-2012, 01:59 PM
It would sure make posting them easier!

Maineman750
12-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Good idea Thad...I hope Peter can come up with a solution..even if it automatically made a link to the previous picture.

BadThad
12-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Any updates?

Maineman750
12-31-2012, 03:32 AM
No, but I'll make sure Peter reads this.

Peter
12-31-2012, 04:52 AM
I saw this thread weeks ago and explored the issue. Picture usage is dependent on the software we are using to manage the forum and cannot be changed right now from the present system. Thad--can you post a link or PM me another forum link that does what you are referring to so I can see what they are using? And can you point me to a thread here where an image had to be re-uploaded?

rlm's cents
12-31-2012, 06:21 AM
I saw this thread weeks ago and explored the issue. Picture usage is dependent on the software we are using to manage the forum and cannot be changed right now from the present system. Thad--can you post a link or PM me another forum link that does what you are referring to so I can see what they are using? And can you point me to a thread here where an image had to be re-uploaded?

Link;
http://www.cointalk.com/t219741/
example of error (notice the top);

flyhi3
12-31-2012, 09:05 AM
I sure wish we could get this fixed, sure would make it easier! I get the same thing Thad....

onecent1909
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
not completely computer savvy here ....and I haven't had to repost a pic... but can't you rename the file...add a letter to the file name... then upload it?

Maineman750
12-31-2012, 11:59 AM
not completely computer savvy here ....and I haven't had to repost a pic... but can't you rename the file...add a letter to the file name... then upload it?

That's exactly how I get around it:tinysmile_hmm_t:

rlm's cents
12-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Does not work for me. Same pictures renamed;

onecent1909
12-31-2012, 12:21 PM
OK i am trying it..

your right...

Maineman750
12-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Sorry, I left out a step. I open, then "save as" renaming and adding one character while I do that.

onecent1909
12-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Yes...SAVE AS is the key...
ok... right click on pic...select open with.. use paint(or another pic program that you can save with)... click on file... click save as.. rename pic.. click save..now you have 2 copies of the pic.. upload new copy....I don't know if this easyer than what you have been doing... but that worked for me

coincollectingenterprises
12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
What exactly is the issue? I don't think I've run across it?

rlm's cents
12-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Sorry, I left out a step. I open, then "save as" renaming and adding one character while I do that.
Yep! I could also reedit the original and post it with the same name. The point is, the rest of the world automatically accommodates your reposting the same picture, but not this forum.

coincollectingenterprises
12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Yep! I could also reedit the original and post it with the same name. The point is, the rest of the world automatically accommodates your reposting the same picture, but not this forum.

Oh, it doesn't allow duplicate file names? So my guess is all photographs are stored in the same folder rather than auto-changing sub folders to a main photo directly system?

Maineman750
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
You're absolutely right RLM...just showing my way around the problem. Peter and the mods have been looking at it, but so far haven't figured out a solution.

I guess I should also point out that forum costs rely on donations.I'm not sure if a cost would be involved but we might all consider that when making requests.

rlm's cents
12-31-2012, 01:32 PM
You're absolutely right RLM...just showing my way around the problem. Peter and the mods have been looking at it, but so far haven't figured out a solution.

I guess I should also point out that forum costs rely on donations.I'm not sure if a cost would be involved but we might all consider that when making requests.
And then Peter asked for a link to another forum and an example of a picture that would not upload so I gave him both. That was the sole purpose of my post #9.

Maineman750
12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
And then Peter asked for a link to another forum and an example of a picture that would not upload so I gave him both. That was the sole purpose of my post #9.

And I'm sure he appreciates it.