PDA

View Full Version : anybody having problems with computer microscope?

ogler
12-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Bought one. Suppose to be Plug and Play. Compatible with Windows XP. I plug it up, the computer doesn't recognize it. WHAT DO I DO NOW? THANKS.

simonm
12-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I don't know much about Windows computers because I use a mac, but I recall using a scope on a PC once and had to install drivers for it or something...could that be an issue?

Antiquity
12-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Return it?

We would need more information as what brand/model it is etc, to help you try and troubleshoot your problem.

Peter
12-19-2012, 03:07 PM
As Simon said, most scopes like that will come with an install disk or have download instructions from the manufacturer on what you need to get to install the software you need. Your computer has to be able to recognize the new hardware and know what to do with it. Who makes it?

flyhi3
12-19-2012, 03:31 PM
First of all, try plugging it into every drive it will fit into, one at a time, and leave it plugged into each for a while. If this does not work, repeat the process, but this time go to "my computer" each time after you plug it into a new drive. It should appear as whatever drive you've plugged into. click on that and it should run. If non of this works, then yes you would likley need software. try going to the makers website, and see if there is anything on there. Did it come with a guide? A phone # to call for help?

seal006
12-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Are you running XP. I have found three scopes that work fine with XP, but do nothing with Windows 7.

Steven
12-19-2012, 04:33 PM
Moved thread to Off Topic Discussion / Coin (http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33) Photography. Better fits here.

jcuve
12-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Computer?
Operating system (Windows version)?
Microscope?
Where did you get the scope?
Did it come with an instal disk?