PDA

View Full Version : USB digital scope Problem

copperlover
01-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Got this as a gift but I have 2 problems. It has 50-500X but i can never get the entire coin in view and the image is upside down. I am not sure how to correct this and the images can be seen on my computer. Any help will be appreciated in finding a solution. I know this is not the best choice but it is a start for viewing splits and notches and RPMs.

Lucien

Antiquity
01-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Amscope camera through the triport?

I purchased an amscope camera but returned it because it only worked when it wanted and when it did it was upside down. Now I use a Nikon through the triport and the image is still upside down but i just use my image software to flip it.

Have no idea why it would be upside down. maybe we are doing something wrong....

Roller
01-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Well, for the upside-down, you can just turn the coin upside down and it should come in right side up on the screen or rotate the camera 180 degrees. As for the whole coin, I don't think there is a chance of getting it all in the frame.

copperlover
01-01-2013, 07:06 PM
I'll play with the software and see if I can flip the image. I might be able to live with the partial frame for a while until I upgrade.

Thanks

Maineman750
01-02-2013, 05:23 AM
Lucien,the last one I had let you flip the image with the software.It took me a while to figure out because of the wording,but it was there.

willbrooks
01-02-2013, 05:34 AM
I must have a real cheapie one. All I had to do was turn the scope 180 degrees. I actually use it without the base attached at all now and just hold it in my hand. Makes examining the entire coin surface way easier, and I can twist and turn it to make the image any way I want it on command.

Peter
01-02-2013, 06:01 AM
You can build or buy a small stand to back the scope away from the coin to get more in the field of vision--50x is pretty high. I do the same thing as George and Will to orient the coin.

jallengomez
01-02-2013, 06:28 AM
At 50x there is no way you will ever get a full coin shot. I think you need to be down to about 5x for that. As a matter of fact, my scope doesn't even magnify to 50x. Are you seeing electrons with that thing Lucien?! :LOL_Hair:

Maineman750
01-02-2013, 06:32 AM
At 50x there is no way you will ever get a full coin shot. I think you need to be down to about 5x for that. As a matter of fact, my scope doesn't even magnify to 50x. Are you seeing electrons with that thing Lucien?! :LOL_Hair:

Good point Jody,I could get by with a max of 25X.I think this is one of those lesson learned purchases.

copperlover
01-02-2013, 08:42 PM
I got it as a gift so I will keep it. I can do whole coins with my regular camera. It is my close ups that need more clarity. I actually have a rotation option when I use Windows Media player to open up my pics, and images can be moved 180 degrees. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I may build my own stand as the one I have is too light and moves easily when touched. Any further ideas
would be welcome.

Lucien