PDA

View Full Version : A Couple I Have Questions On..

MrHaz78
02-20-2013, 02:10 PM
This 2011P shows some "distortion" on the number 2 in the date. It's almost as if just that numeral was "pushed" a little. It's actually somewhat concave when looked at through my loop. Well placed hit maybe? Any ideas??

On the 1964D (which are known for MD) I'm pretty sure I'm just looking at some more machine doubling, but I've never seen it to this extreme in the areas I've photographed. Also, the "T" in United looks like it has a split along the top bar. I am probably just looking at it too hard, but thought I'd get some input nonetheless!! Thanks, Bill

mustbebob
02-20-2013, 02:14 PM
You are correct on both counts Bill. The 2011 is definitely a hit, and the 64D does have some severe MD. However, the tops of the letters in UNITED, and the bottoms of the letters of ONE CENT will normally show Class 2 doubling best. Not that it is present on this example, but take a look on the site at other 64P and 64D doubled die reverses and you will see how it can be confusing at times.

MrHaz78
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks Bob. Was pretty sure on both but even something a little "odd" in a dry spell makes me wonder sometimes!!