PDA

View Full Version : Another 1957d with "IN OOD WE TRUST"...

amnight
04-02-2013, 09:32 PM
I found another 1957d with "IN OOD WE TRUST" for the motto. I don't think they have taken hits to make the G look like an O. I wanted to know if these are like the BIE errors/varieties. Here are pics of the two and I can post more pics if needed. Thanks for the help.

simonm
04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Isn't an "ood" something from Dr. Who?:nerd:
I have never seen a die chip in that area, so I would be more inclined to say that it is a hit rather than a die chip/break.

wapa
04-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Very strange and finding two of them. That is weird. Whatever be it a chip or a dent they are pretty cool.

pennies4pennies
04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
I would lean towards a hit. Really need closer picture of the G to really tell. You do have die chip in the B of liberty.

GrumpyEd
04-02-2013, 11:55 PM
Need a close up of the G.
If the center horizontal part is gone then I'd think it must be a hit that moved that metal to close the gap.
But I can't tell from the pics.

On the other side of the question.... Did the other coin you found look like it came from the same die and similar die stage? Did it also have the die chip in the B of liberty? Does it have the same mintmark position?

Answering those will help answer if it's damage or 2 coins from a die with a chip causing OOD.

coppercoins
04-03-2013, 04:19 AM
With the chip in the B, the BIE, and the small chips in other parts of the motto I would be inclined to say the G also contains a die chip. So yes, multiple die chips. Value - about a nickel.