PDA

View Full Version : 1983 DDO?? Please help. It looks to...

busyeye
04-14-2013, 05:04 PM
be DDO to me. I've been trying to figure this one out. I'm thinking it could be the 1983 DDO 011 or 015. It has been a problem to get the lighting just right so I took a few pictures. I see lower right notching of the R in TRUST (not easily seen in my pics) and on all of LIBERTY. This Lincoln has a good degree of abrasion in many directions and die clashes in obverse reverse. This is why it's difficult to see the markers. Again I took a few pics in that it may help identify which die this is. Thank you!

BTW, Hope you've all had a great weekend or even as good as you hoped!!

grizz
04-15-2013, 02:48 PM
hi busyeye. did you have a chance to check the markers on copper coins site against your coin? i couldn't see them
on your pics. of course could be my cataracts. :bigsmile:

busyeye
04-15-2013, 05:08 PM
hi busyeye. did you have a chance to check the markers on copper coins site against your coin? i couldn't see them
on your pics. of course could be my cataracts. :bigsmile:

Yes, I did. But bc of the heavy abrasion it not easy to identify.

grizz
04-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Yes, I did. But bc of the heavy abrasion it not easy to identify.

that can be very frustrating to be sure. the marker pics at the site are evidently from a mint or near mint state coin used to compare with so it shows much better details.

Maineman750
04-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Busy....none of the pics are close enough for me to see anything. I think that may be why no responses.:)

grizz
04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
precisely, that's why i advised peeking at the markers at cc.

busyeye
04-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Busy....none of the pics are close enough for me to see anything. I think that may be why no responses.:)

Got ya Roger, as I realize these are not the best pics.