PDA

View Full Version : Best Brick EVER!!!

LKLive13
04-16-2013, 08:32 PM
So far i have found a 1997 DDO #1, a 13-D,21 Wheats(8 1955 AUs),5 S mints,2 Canadians, and 1 Panamanian Centavos! This has by far been the best brick i have ever gotten and i still have to look at all of the 60s-70s for RPMs and all the others for "minor" DDOs! I cant wait to see what else i find! I went back to the bank i picked up this brick from but all they have is 2012-Ds... maybe ill try some other banks tomorrow to see if i can keep the wheat train rolling!! LOL!

Rollem
04-17-2013, 04:30 AM
So far i have found a 1997 DDO #1, a 13-D,21 Wheats(8 1955 AUs),5 S mints,2 Canadians, and 1 Panamanian Centavos! This has by far been the best brick i have ever gotten and i still have to look at all of the 60s-70s for RPMs and all the others for "minor" DDOs! I cant wait to see what else i find! I went back to the bank i picked up this brick from but all they have is 2012-Ds... maybe ill try some other banks tomorrow to see if i can keep the wheat train rolling!! LOL!

Good luck with other banks unless you have account.

Weeks before I retired in 7-2010 I was working near Taledega, Al. Two days without coins to search while i wasn't working. I decided to stop in at local banks there and pickup a brick or roll. Every bank in every little town turned me down. I even offered one branch manager 2 times the price of the brick. Policy, Policy.

James

Chugly
04-17-2013, 08:23 AM
I hear you on the "no account" blues James. When I used to search when I lived in Alaska I was often treated like the plague. Even banks I had accounts with would cut me off and we were talking $10 amounts! Amazingly, now that I am in Washington, almost all of the banks here are totally friendly. I have asked for pennies hundreds of times at banks I don't have accounts with and only been asked if I have an account two times. Both those times they still sold me what I wanted "this one time:sign10:." I have found random gifting of dollar store variety candy to go a long way though!

xGAJx
04-19-2013, 04:41 PM
what is a coin brick.

LKLive13
04-19-2013, 04:42 PM
$25 worth of rolled cents...AKA a box of pennies...

hasfam
04-19-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm fortunate in that I know every teller, vault teller and manager in 11 banks around me, and they all know me too. They have all increased their penny orders to accomadate me as well. When they see me come in carrying 1-4 boxes (rewrapped for exchange) they don't have to ask, they just get the new boxes ready. We smile, say hi, how's the kids, nice weather, etc and off I go. Occassionally they will ask if I've had any good finds lately. We go thru approx 15-20 boxes each week but wouldn't be able to if it wasn't for the friendliness and cooperation of our banks here.

LKLive13
04-19-2013, 06:33 PM
WOW! 15-20 boxes a week?! Im lucky if the tellers around here will give me 4... here lately i have been running into the full boxes of 2012-Ds so that has cut me down to about 2 or so in the last month... i dont want to be a pest because the girls at the bank are so sweet! LOL!