PDA

View Full Version : Bank rolls

jhcons
04-27-2013, 10:56 AM
All this talk about bank rolls and penny rolls got me wanting some. The idea for me to do coins again was to sell them so we have more room. To make along story short I picked up a job a couple hrs away from home but close to Gene N house. After work I punched in his name in iphone and gave me Genes Coin shop. I call leave message and my name. Guy calls back but wrong Gene but has a coin shop he said. I asked for some, any, or all the bu Lincolns he has. Make along story shorter I got 94 rolls for 100 bucks. You can see the pictures of what they are. Real nice rolls. The best thing is there are 3 1960 sd rolls in there. What a score. Does that roll look li9ke it has been opened. Any comments are welcomed

BadThad
04-27-2013, 11:09 AM
If you got 3 rolls of 60 small dates you got an amazing score!

jallengomez
04-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Nice score! Are those 60 small date rolls Denver mint or Philly?

jhcons
04-27-2013, 11:27 AM
1 Denver two Philly. Man I am exited. Wife was not near as happy me bringing in box of pennies. Lol

admrose
04-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Wife was not near as happy me bringing in box of pennies. Lol

I can sympathize. :squigglemouth:

jhcons
04-27-2013, 11:38 AM
She had a feeling I would fall back into it. Staying in office all night. I am going to have to balance it out. She was a trooper all them tears me dragging her all over country.

admrose
04-27-2013, 11:53 AM
She had a feeling I would fall back into it. Staying in office all night. I am going to have to balance it out. She was a trooper all them tears me dragging her all over country.

I don't even roll hunt at home anymore; angers the wife too much. Fortunately my job includes me sitting in a gatehouse four hours a shift with nothing better to do so I go through one brick a day.

jhcons
04-27-2013, 12:35 PM
So it's just not mine. Since I am working in hot springs I leave at 5 am get home at 8 pm. Only got couple more weeks. So I come home shower eat and go to office. I am helping her clean house now and all I wanna do us open those 60 d rolls. Just terrible.

GrumpyEd
04-27-2013, 02:37 PM
It's always good to ask at BMs.
Some don't care much for rolls because they say nobody asks for them, I feel it's a steal if they sell them for a few bucks.

It seems there's less stuff like that now days but still worth asking about.

The 2 60-P SD rolls are your lucky rolls, are you sure they're P small dates? Those are each $100-300+ if they're nice solid BU small date P rolls. I'd be celebrating! :)

jhcons
04-27-2013, 06:11 PM
It's always good to ask at BMs.
Some don't care much for rolls because they say nobody asks for them, I feel it's a steal if they sell them for a few bucks.

It seems there's less stuff like that now days but still worth asking about.

[QUOTEThe 2 60-P SD rolls are your lucky rolls, are you sure they're P small dates? Those are each $100-300+ if they're nice solid BU small date P rolls. I'd be celebrating! :)

The rolls that are the 60 sd are a mixture of all 1960 p and d large and small. Needless to say I do not have a problem Identifying them anymore.(not that it was that hard ) So far I been through three rolls that were tubed and taped with cotton in them I have a few DD 1963 and 62 I think a class 6 on a 74 and the third coin was 61-D rpm # 3. I am waiting till tonite to open the 60-d bank wrapped on. I printed out the guidlines to bank wrapped rolls from the other thread couple days ago and am going to check them out. I am actually going to keep a record of how many head and tails and so on. Any body got another thing they want to test with the bank wrapped ones let me know.

jhcons
04-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Here is the results of opening one of the bank wrapped 1960-D roll:
I was able to see upon opening this roll it truely has not been opened before. Both ends were pretty well scuffed up and when I carefully anwrapped it all the edges were the same dark color. Look at pics.

[QUOTE=ray_parkhurstNow, here's another thing to look for once you've opened the roll. The coins should be randomly rotated. Even if you have 50/50 heads/tails, if the coins are all lined up in rotation, it's a rewrap....[/QUOTE]

There were 18 heads going same way. Rotation was random and I found 5 tails facing same way and then 4 same way as well. I got 10 rpms,(7 different). 2 bie or clogged letters and numbers which were in the 9 but not the same apperance.
I got a couple mixed up after taking pics of rpms and was matching up coins with photos. One photo had a good nick in the field in front of face. Both coins that had the same rpm had the same nick. I thought it was a good ding from other coins at mint but it had to have come from the die I am assuming seeing as it was same rpm and nick exactly the same.

GrumpyEd
04-28-2013, 01:35 PM
How about the rolls with 60-P small dates, did you check them out yet?

I've never seen an OBW with P small dates but rolls of 60-D small date are common. I've heard that the P small dates did sometimes come in solid rolls. Interesting to see what mix you get of large and small dates if there's a mix.

jhcons
04-28-2013, 01:50 PM
I will tonight I hope. I have had a heck of a honey do list getting all my coin stuff out of bedroom. I sold atleast 15 boxes that had tubes last few weeks (100 rolls per box) Thought I was done with them. Wife found 3 more under the bed. YEAR 63 and 64 plus a nunch misc. I dont ever remember putting them there. Dont think I been thru them yet. You want to get some?