PDA

View Full Version : Got my 1st negative FB after 635 in 12 months

hasfam
04-28-2013, 05:05 AM
Kind of surprised to see it this morning. Mr. MichaelWeaver2013 claimed boldly that I "DOCTORED PICTURES". He never contacted me or asked. Just assumed. Boy, I don't mind criticism or even negative statemments or FB if I screw up, but to shout out a false which some people will take to heart is just wrong. Bummer.
Oh, and he's had 4 other aliases on eBay since 2012
thecoinshop2013
54lincoln
lincoln1909
lincoln53
He's left 8 negatives and neutrals this year alone. Somebody must have burned him and now he's on a rampage.

koinmon
04-28-2013, 05:27 AM
Rock, Ask Ebay to remove this feedback. I think it can be done as long as you can convince them it is not accurate.
George

hasfam
04-28-2013, 05:32 AM
Rock, Ask Ebay to remove this feedback. I think it can be done as long as you can convince them it is not accurate.
George
I did, but I'm not holding my breath. It's eBay, remember?
It just occured to me whay he has had so many ID changes in the last 12 months. He keeps getting blocked.

willbrooks
04-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Oh, man. That stinks, Rock. If he is a also a seller, maybe he out to diminish others reputations to help himself? Just terrible. I have to say that I love buying from you, because I know I am getting 100% accuracy, 100% honesty, 100% security, and 100% integrity. I hope you can get this removed. Good luck.

Antiquity
04-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the heads up Rock, added him to my block list.

With as much as you sell I would hope ebay would take your side, good luck.

mustbebob
04-28-2013, 07:14 AM
I just looked a it and it is a neutral, not a negative. I can't see anything that even remotely can be construed as Doctored Pictures. I would keep on Ebay's butt to have it removed. There is no proof the photos were altered.

hasfam
04-28-2013, 07:38 AM
I just looked a it and it is a neutral, not a negative. I can't see anything that even remotely can be construed as Doctored Pictures. I would keep on Ebay's butt to have it removed. There is no proof the photos were altered.

Negative, neutral with negative wording, positive with negative wording. It's still has a negative effect. Your right Bob, I'm pushing this to be removed.

hasfam
04-28-2013, 07:44 AM
It just occured to me that this might have been a 2nd chance offer transaction. The photos are for the original auction but not of any 2nd chance coin being offered. Although they are all "uncirculated", they are not all the same. Wouldn't the buyer know the photos are of the original and not another coin? And if a buyer responds to a 2nd chance offer immediately, there is no time to change photos. What about the 14 day return I have? If he didn't like it why not return it? This is so wrong on so many levels.
I'm going fishing. To hell with it.:|

BadThad
04-28-2013, 07:49 AM
I don't understand why people just drop that kind of feedback WITHOUT first contacting the seller. I really, really hate that. It's the ultimate in lameness.

duck620
04-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Rock, not to worry! Anyone with 4 Aliases tells you something about his collecting habits.

Ken.

flyhi3
04-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Mann Rock, that is horrible. I hope it all gets sorted out. You are one of my favorite sellers, and you always deliver a 100% accurate description, coin, and top-notch photography. I hope this goes in your favor.

-Alex

liveandievarieties
04-28-2013, 09:28 AM
There's a dirty little trick where when an eBayer receives an unfair or unwarned negative: Buy something cheap from that person and return the favor. I know it's low, but in the end the original offender ends up offering to remove his feedback if you remove yours. I know it's low, but since it happened to me I've used the trick twice and it works perfectly- no hard feelings or anything else to worry about. It does work.

Rollem
04-28-2013, 09:36 AM
There's a dirty little trick where when an eBayer receives an unfair or unwarned negative: Buy something cheap from that person and return the favor. I know it's low, but in the end the original offender ends up offering to remove his feedback if you remove yours. I know it's low, but since it happened to me I've used the trick twice and it works perfectly- no hard feelings or anything else to worry about. It does work.

That's just called JUSTICE Chris.. good advice

James

copperlover
04-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Rock, there is a saying that what you sow,will be what you reap. This negative feedback will come back 10 fold to the buyer. You have been such a very honest person that good things will happen when this is brought to light. It is time that these kinds of things be dealt with swiftly and not be allowed to tarnish sellers reputation.

Lucien

mustbebob
04-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Most people don't actually read a sellers feedback's unless it is less than 100% or a low number. I know it is a pride issue, but even this isn't going to hurt you Rock. You keep doing what you have been doing. Most folks will see beyond the occasional blip.

copperlover
04-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Those who have bought from you will continue to do so based on the service which they have received to date. Keep up the great record. Your record will speak for itself.

Lucien

Arjohn
04-28-2013, 11:19 AM
I know when I buy -- I gauge negative to positive and look at the total picture. One or two neutral or negatives in a sea of excellence is the cost of doing business. I am hoping to sell a few errors (laminations) my first time on The Bay... wish me luck.

hasfam
04-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks everyone. Bob was right. It is a pride thing. Going out of the way day after day to take care of friends and other collectors. Trying to build a solid reputation. Time to move on and continue to do the best I can do. Again, thanks for the support everyone.

liveandievarieties
04-28-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm with you Rock- of course it's a pride thing, and it SHOULD BE! We are the exception when it comes to eBay sellers- 100% accurate attributions and honest pictures. I take great pride in my feedback, as I feel it's a direct reflection of what we do, and we should indeed take pride. No shame in that. I take great umbridge when someone feels the need to say something less than nice without any attempt at communication.

hasfam
04-28-2013, 11:55 AM
I take great pride in my feedback, as I feel it's a direct reflection of what we do, and we should indeed take pride. No shame in that. I take great umbridge when someone feels the need to say something less than nice without any attempt at communication.

Yep. So true. I know I'm super small potatoes, but that doesn't mean that I can't have an impact. It not just about the money. It's about the hobby. About selling varieties on ebay the right way. It's doing what we do for the love of the hobby.

Vickilynn
04-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Sorry this happened to you Rock :squigglemouth:.
I recently received a poss fb with a neg comment. I was horrified!!:(
Only in my case I realized the comment was most likely true and now I take extreme precautions to make sure it never happens again. At the time it felt like I got punched in the gut.

Vickilynn

jhcons
04-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Thats how that dude dennis prill did. He won another auction of a different name and still aint paid again he is using kalen.s now I think or dprill 13. Man sorry to hear about negative feedback. I made a few mailing goofs where I made up for it ten fold so as not to get negative feedback.

jfines69
04-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Rock,
Keep that pride up... You appear to be a straight forward honest person... You don't need to worry about your reputation here or anywhere else!!!
Jim

jcuve
04-29-2013, 09:10 PM
That stinks Rock - he should have at least sent a message saying he was unhappy first. Goodness.

Looking at his feedback left, it does look like the guy was peeved about some other transactions, specifically the ones for the '17, '55 DDOs and a '46-S/D which all had stolen pics (member anotherdayanotherpennie2013 (http://myworld.ebay.com/anotherdayanotherpennie2013?_trksid=p2047675.l2559 )). I did try and get those pulled by Brad as the detail pics came from LCR (but were borrowed from HA). Anyway, he looks like a pill and one to avoid.

1jackel1
04-30-2013, 05:03 AM
Thanks for this info as i will make sure this guy is blocked on my accounts on eBay.

hasfam
04-30-2013, 05:27 AM
I left feedback for him. Of course as a seller we only have the option to leave Positive. We can't even comment on the FB a buyer leaves for us. I wrote in my FB that the buyer was blocked by me, that he has had 5 aliases in 12 months and had left 8 negatives & neutrals in the last 4 months. Basically, a warning to other sellers. I got a nasty gram from eBay yesterday saying I broke policy and that I can't say negative things about a buyer. They removed that FB but the negative I received is still there. Ebay justice.

copperlover
04-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Over time that negative will be just a blip on the screen. True Justice will prevail Rock.

Lucien

admrose
04-30-2013, 05:59 AM
eBay has gotten draconian with its "buyer can do no wrong stance." If I got negative feedback after 14 years that I didn't deserve I'd be peeved beyond description. Worst I've gotten was a neutral from a seller who didn't like the fact I left a neutral FB comment for him. When it takes 3 weeks to get an item neutral is about the best a seller should expect.
I wouldn't worry about it; people will see him for the tool he is.

jcuve
04-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Granted, it is a neutral and not a neg. A neg would surely be read by a lot of bidders. Like Bob noted, with 100% fb, most bidders won't click your feedback. Nevertheless, I would press ebay. The comment is passive aggressive. It may brief, and a neutral, but it's short and sweet. One could lose bidders if someone reads it. If the shipment was late, or the buyer had some other type of irritation I think it wouldn't be so bad. DOCTORED PICTURES sounds like a situation where a refund was requested. But it wasn't...

hasfam
04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
If he said "I think or suspect doctored pictures" that would be one thing, but to announce to the world without reservation and complete surety "DOCTORED PHOTOS" is wrong and unethical. Oh Well, whatever. My brother's listening to Rush right now and it's putting me in a crumby foul mood. Better not to react to unpleasant things around me when I feel slimed by the radio.

papascoins
04-30-2013, 11:26 AM
I quit leaving feedback to buyers who do not leave me feedback. I feel that if they don't want to participate in e-Bay's commitment of a shared and healthy community to help keep their site safe, then why should they get a positive from me. JMHO
I might have the wrong idea here, but I feel it's a 'star for a star'.

Here is a doc. I send to buyers who are very late with their feedback to me, and it sometimes gets me my 5-Star feedback!

Please send me 5-star positive feedback if you were satisfied with the sale. eBay appreciates feedback to keep the their site safe. eBayers should show a positive attitude toward Ebay's commitment of a shared and healthy community. Some people here, who do not leave feedback, are not participating members in eBay policies. Your positive 5-star feedback also tells sellers that we are doing things correctly to keep buyers happy.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Mark
I just wanted to share. Sorry if I bumped this thread the wrong way, but it seemed to have got into sharing e-Bay methods.

Thank.