PDA

View Full Version : 1969P-1d0-002

1jackel1
04-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Hi, i was just wondering has there been any value assigned to the 1969P-1do-002. i have two of these and have not been able to locate or set a value on this rare double die. Any help would be great.

thank you
George

mustbebob
04-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I don't have a 1DO-002 listed George. Are you meaning the CONECA die-002?

1jackel1
04-29-2013, 05:34 PM
I don't have a 1DO-002 listed George. Are you meaning the CONECA die-002?
Hi Bob, the one i am talking about would be 1969p-ddo-001 coneca has listed as 1-o-v-cw from k-5, i get these confused because you have the other one listed on copper coins as dd0-001 which coneca has it listed as die two lol, just threw me off a little but i got it now.This coin is a tough find and i have not seen any kind of value on them, my two coins grade au for the first one the second one grades about ms62 rd.

Thank you
George

copperlover
04-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Can you post a pic to start George.

Lucien

GrumpyEd
04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
I think I understand LOL..
You have Coneca die-1.
It's not listed on Coppercoins, they only list Coneca die-2 and it's listed as 1DO-001 (a different die) .
Right?

The Coneca die-1 is a very nice coin. It's sort of an under the radar coin, you hardly ever hear about it.
I have a nice example of it, it's got a nice CW spread that shows on the motto and LIB. I don't know what they're really worth but to the right buyer maybe a lot since it's hardly ever available. I really like this variety and would never part with my example.
I think it's price might be tough to speculate on because there are so few you won't have much to base the price on.

The only book that I've seen it in is John Wexlers "The Lincoln Cent Doubled Die".

1jackel1
04-30-2013, 04:04 AM
I think I understand LOL..
You have Coneca die-1.
It's not listed on Coppercoins, they only list Coneca die-2 and it's listed as 1DO-001 (a different die) .
Right?

The Coneca die-1 is a very nice coin. It's sort of an under the radar coin, you hardly ever hear about it.
I have a nice example of it, it's got a nice CW spread that shows on the motto and LIB. I don't know what they're really worth but to the right buyer maybe a lot since it's hardly ever available. I really like this variety and would never part with my example.
I think it's price might be tough to speculate on because there are so few you won't have much to base the price on.

The only book that I've seen it in is John Wexlers "The Lincoln Cent Doubled Die".
Hi, and yes you are correct as these two coins i have are coneca die one's, this is indeed a nice double die and i would say a very tightly close double die as you only see the doubling in the motto and lib but as far as searching for one, you can not miss that doubling as it sticks right out at ya. pretty cool coin but as far as value goes, there seems to be no listing of it or any sales of it that i have seen.

George

enamel7
04-30-2013, 08:51 AM
That would be "doubled " not double.

jcuve
04-30-2013, 09:10 AM
I see (literally in Wexler's ARLC). 1-O-V - it looks like a nice DDO, one I would like to see in person.

1jackel1
04-30-2013, 10:38 AM
That would be "doubled " not double.
lol yes you are correct on that doubled.

1jackel1
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
I see (literally in Wexler's ARLC). 1-O-V - it looks like a nice DDO, one I would like to see in person.
Hi Jason. I will try to get pictures of this coin here shortly so you can see the doubling. it is going to be tough as i do not have the photo system that you have but i will try as this doubled die will be a hard one to take pictures of, it has very tight doubling in the motto and lib but i will do my best on it. Or i can send one of them to you for pictures, just let me know.

Thank you
George

tea-party
04-30-2013, 05:23 PM
This is a nice Doubled Die.. I have found two so far.. Here is the thread when I found my first one!!I normally search for the weird goodies as I call it ..:nerd:http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23884&highlight=1969P

John

1jackel1
04-30-2013, 05:37 PM
This is a nice Doubled Die.. I have found two so far.. Here is the thread when I found my first one!!I normally search for the weird goodies as I call it ..:nerd:http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23884&highlight=1969P

John
Hi, i seen your thread on here and my two coins are exactly the same as yours. these are hard to find coins indeed and if you go threw coins as fast as i do, you tend to miss coins like this but i did not miss the two i found, it is a Lincoln cent that you can bypass if you do not pay attention to the motto.This doubled die needs to have a value set to it as i can not find any info on that and i know it is a tough and hard cent to locate and to set a value i guess would be the owners opinion? Any ideas would be great, fellas this Lincoln cent doubled die should have more interest, it does not get the recognition it deserves as a rarity.

thank you
George