PDA

View Full Version : "how it's made"

Justafarmer
05-02-2013, 02:32 AM
On an episode I saw the other day was a segment on the manufacturing of ViewMasters. Don't think it was ViewMaster specifically but another brand that was almost an exact knock-off. Anyway the show kinda sparked the child in me; so I did a little searching on the internet and learned there are companies that make customized ViewMaster wheels. This got me to wondering a little more. If I were to take a picture of a coin through both lenses of my stereo scope - would this produce a 3D image if placed on a ViewMaster wheel and viewed through a ViewMaster?

coppercoins
05-02-2013, 04:12 AM
In theory, yes. Stereoscopic images only need be taken the distance the eyes are apart (3 inches) and each image must be viewed separately by each eye. That's all it takes.

ray_parkhurst
05-02-2013, 05:37 PM
I took similar 3D images a while back using a stereo scope and it worked very well. You can just post them side by side and use the "relax your eyes" technique for viewing.

Justafarmer
05-03-2013, 03:38 AM
Well post one here and let's see if it works. I am not sure if the relax your eyes method will work for me though. Remember those pictures people were hanging on their walls in the early 1990s. The ones that looked like a blurry pattern but if you stared at it a 3D image of a fighter jet or something popped out. I never could get that image to pop but I have to admitted that I never stared at one without a beer in my hand.