PDA

View Full Version : 1972 DDO Variety?

amd299
05-10-2013, 04:58 AM
I am totally new to this. And I'm sure that those of you who are experts get this all the time. Therefore, I apologize in advance for my untrained eyes. I have only become interested in coins as a hobby over the past month or so. I sincerely hope not to waste anyone's time. So I guess, here goes; I’ve done my best to compare this 1972 Lincoln cent (pics below) to the photos of varieties I've seen posted here and in a book or two. Where I am uncertain as to if I even have a ddo or if this is simply just a damaged coin, I hoped that by enlisting your expertise, I might at least learn something new. Where my Android is equipped with the only camera I have access to at the moment, I will try to do better if need be. Thanks so much for your help and time.
- Lex

1jackel1
05-10-2013, 05:36 AM
Hi, looks like a normal 1972 to me, can not see much with the pictures but does not look any of the 1972 doubled dies.

Keep up the hunt
George

amd299
05-10-2013, 05:45 AM
Thank you:tinysmile_hmm_t:

admrose
05-10-2013, 05:49 AM
I see machine doubling. Also, it's got a thick rim but that was common during that time period.

copperlover
05-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Nothing different on this 1972 but I do see MD on the obverse. Keep looking because there are still many Doubled Dies in circulation for this date. Thanks for sharing and continue to ask questions as you never know what you will find.

Lucien