PDA

View Full Version : Bricking campaign for lcr

1jackel1
05-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Hi to all members on LCR. I was thinking of an idea to raise money for this site and came up with this idea and i call it bricking for LCR. Here is how it works, for example lets say i have a brick of coins and lets say i send this brick to another member on here to search and the other member you are teamed up with will send you a brick form his or her area to search threw and find all varieties, except for the highest valued coin in the brick which in term will be posted here and then sent to the owner of LCR Brad for auction to raise money for the site. (honesty and integrity are the most important thing in this, you have to be honest and turn over the most valuable coin in the brick to Brad for sale) This is a great way to raise money for LCR and in term you get to get all varieties that you find from other peoples bricks but you have to turn over the highest valuable coin in the brick or auction to Brad..

1) you will be teamed up with another member from the site that wants to do this and we will do this once a month for a year and if it goes well, we could continue this to raise money for LCR
2) honesty is very important in this.
3)you get to keep all varieties from the brick that you search and you have to turn over the highest valuable coin from the brick to LCR Brad for auction or sale.
3) this would be a great way to raise money or LCR and have some fun in the process.

If anyone is interested in doing this, please let me know as i will make a list of people who want to join and raise money for LCR and make this even more powerful. I will team you up with a member from here that wants to do this and that will be your partner untill the end of the year.

cool idea. let me know what you think.
George

cimperialis
05-19-2013, 06:48 AM
I could see some people getting into it that enjoy brick trading. However, here are a few critiques- 1) A "valuable" coin is not found in every brick, and maybe not even in half of bricks. 2) I've never been a fan of sending bricks around. It's very expensive, annoying to lug it to the PO, and what exactly is the advantage? Does searching coins from another area increase the odds of finding something?

I'd be happy to see if others run with it, but this is my two cents.

DCW
05-19-2013, 07:15 AM
I think Sean hit the nail on the head with the postage comment. Not withstanding a really choice piece, shipping and auction fees would eat up the profit right there. Nice idea, but once the membership dues kick in next week the site shouldn't be strapped for cash.
Or will it?

1jackel1
05-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Hi, well it is good thought and if it does not work at least i gave it a try to help out. I do agree shipping does suck. If know one wants to do it, i will send in a coin a month that has good value to Brad to sell to help out with the site, i have no problem with this as i have plenty of doubles to unload. I hope the membership changes do help, I will update my membership when it goes into affect.
Thought this was a good concept and had to give it a try.

George

Maineman750
05-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Nice intentions George,but probably not cost efficient.

There are members who auction off coins to donate to LCR and that works pretty well sometimes.I'm guessing the paid membership will change how people feel about donations but any efforts you make are still appreciated.

cimperialis
05-19-2013, 08:58 AM
If you're looking to donate, you could send LCR the $15 it costs to ship a brick, rather than give it to the PO.

Rollem
05-19-2013, 10:17 AM
I am totally open to any idea that helps to offset cost and site maintenance. Having had many sites on the web over the years even one with 25,000 members once it can be costly.

Web space and database storage cost have decreased since I was trying to blow up the web in the past. However things went all members seem to always want to here from me the owner no matter who I had as administrator or moderator. Which took my time and money trying to email them with promotions and offers that turned back cash to me.

Oh well, Brad has done a great thing by setting up subscriptions and at the same time allowing members that are only registered to still be able to use the forum. Most web marketers know that 1% is a great return on any effort on any web business. So a 20 dollar membership fee I am sure Brad wisely considered before it was set.

Having said all this send shipping alone cost to Brad.:bigsmile:

Good thought George maybe modify it to maximize amount to site.

James

flyhi3
05-20-2013, 08:49 AM
This is a very nice idea, but it probably wouldnt work. Perhaps, we could search bricks from our area and send coins to brad to sell???? Or instead of spending $15 on postage, give to lcr.....

Brad
05-20-2013, 03:10 PM
I think is a nice thought, but probably not practical. I would rather people keep their great finds, and donate what they feel comfortable with.