PDA

View Full Version : Can start searching soon

lucybug
05-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Im almost done sorting and then I can get into some serious searching. Just can't wait to see what I might find. Got thousands and thousands of cents to search. Starting to get excited.

copperlover
05-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Good luck in your searches and I hope you find some gems in the lot.

Lucien

GrumpyEd
05-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Sounds fun.
Did you get a bag or bags?
Are they wheats or moderns?

Good luck with finding some great ones!

lucybug
05-23-2013, 03:22 AM
I have been buying huge amounts of wheats from people and lots of bricks from the bank. My father in law also passed away about 10 years ago and he was a coin collector and I got a lot of his pennies, he had alot of uncirculated rolls from the 60s to the 80's. I think there was like 250 tubes to go through. I pull out the obvious stuff like laminations, cuds , counterstamps, what ever is visible with the naked eye and the rest I sort by date and mintmark and roll and box them with the date. Now I am almost to the point where I can start searching for errors. Now the problem becomes where do I start with thousands of rolls of wheats and lmc to look at. I'll have to take a pic when I' done sorting and post it when I get them all in one place before sorting.

copperlover
05-23-2013, 03:56 AM
The 60's and eighties may be tough so I would start somewhere in the middle (maybe the 70's and work back to the sixties). As long as the 60's are in good shape I would do those as they take some time to attribute. The 70's may be more exciting and that will give you energy to dive into the rest. Let's hear what others say.

Lucien

willy13
05-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Good luck! and i would start with 1972P, looking for the numurious doubled dies.