PDA

View Full Version : Error Multiple Strikes | Fantastic In Collar Double Strike 1982 SDZ

AgCollector
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Just pulled this out of a bag I've been going through- full of bright 1980's cents, nothing newer than 1987 from a "penny drive" the local school had. Looks to me to be a rotated, in collar double strike that has almost but not quite 90 degrees rotation between strikes. What amazes me is the clarity with which LIBERTY, 1982 and GOD WE from the first strike are still visible. The reverse shows the first strike's memorial pretty well and some of the lettering overlapping other lettering, i.e. remnants of UNITED under ONE.

grnwavdav
01-30-2009, 04:39 PM
That's a great find. Penny drive huh? That sounds like fun.

Brad
01-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Very nice coin!

dvn
01-30-2009, 05:12 PM
That's one serious find! And that's an understatement! Congrats!!!!

Billy

Brad
01-30-2009, 05:17 PM
You need to certify that one!

1sgret
01-30-2009, 05:28 PM
You are correct on the discription of the error and it does show alot from the 2nd In collar strike.

Someone proably found this and put it up then decided they needed to get rid of excess change and put it back into circulation by accident as the coin is in nice shape.

Congratulations on a real nice find.

fugnchill
01-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi Ag,

That is a beautiful coin! Congrats on your find. I've been thinking about the penny drive ever since you told us about it back when. Thinking of how to get one going at my daughters school.

Lestrrr

AgCollector
01-30-2009, 05:43 PM
That's one serious find! And that's an understatement! Congrats!!!!

Billy

Thanks!

You need to certify that one!

Think so? I have yet to send anything in, but am getting close to a "critical mass" of nice cents to get slabbed.

You are correct on the discription of the error and it does show alot from the 2nd In collar strike.

Someone proably found this and put it up then decided they needed to get rid of excess change and put it back into circulation by accident as the coin is in nice shape.

Congratulations on a real nice find.

Thanks- this whole bag and at least one other one I've gone through has been lots of nice 1970's, early + mid 1980's (AU/BU) and a few 1960's cents, someone must have put a huge number of cents aside and then recently cashed them in.

Hi Ag,

That is a beautiful coin! Congrats on your find. I've been thinking about the penny drive ever since you told us about it back when. Thinking of how to get one going at my daughters school.

Lestrrr

Thanks! Penny drives are not something I'd ever heard of before but since moving here this is the second one I've searched through. It's nice because the school takes them to the bank to be counted and bagged then I can buy the bags.

JeanK
01-30-2009, 05:49 PM
That is a super find Ag!
It sure is fun running ones fingers through a nice big bag of coins.
Jean

1sgret
01-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Just admit it, you borrowed my Key's to the Back Door of the Mint while I was out of town the other day!!!!!! (LOL)

AgCollector
01-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Just admit it, you borrowed my Key's to the Back Door of the Mint while I was out of town the other day!!!!!! (LOL)

Yeah, but I didn't think you'd mind!

1sgret
01-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, but I didn't think you'd mind!

That's OK! I'll share the wealth on a VERY LIMITED BASIS!!!:LOL_Hair:

legend
01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
It would seem that irrespective of ALL the other cents in your to do list, this is clearly the next thing you should have graded and certified. Makes you a new collector all over again thinking there's still stuff like this out there. Congrats to you!