PDA

View Full Version : EDS vs LDS or another type?

rlmillerjr
06-25-2013, 07:45 PM
This ones got me real curious, I found two satin 2009 D LC looking real detailed, is this a matter of early vs late die state? 90% look like the more satiny one, thanks a lot.

rlmillerjr
06-26-2013, 01:49 AM
well I found examples on all 4 types, so I am guessing early vs later, thanks for any input!

coppercoins
06-26-2013, 04:04 AM
I don't get the question. Your use of 'type' is not numismatically correct either of the times you used it, and it confuses me.

rlmillerjr
06-26-2013, 10:11 AM
I don't get the question. Your use of 'type' is not numismatically correct either of the times you used it, and it confuses me.
What I was wondering is if the difference in the 2 coins is the die state, Early Die State (EDS) verses a Later Die State (LDS), and what I meant by the four types was the Log Cabin, Formative Years, and so on, the 2009 P & D Satin Cents (95% copper ones. They look different to me, more than just a Die State difference, and THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY BUDDY!!

coppercoins
06-26-2013, 11:10 AM
So is it just the amount of frost or shine you see in the hair and beard that makes you ask the question, or do you see details that are actually shaped differently?

rlmillerjr
06-26-2013, 11:38 AM
So is it just the amount of frost or shine you see in the hair and beard that makes you ask the question, or do you see details that are actually shaped differently?
I can't see different shape, but yes, I see one is more defined than the other, is that normal and which was struck first, I am leaning on the first as being stamped a lot earlier correct? Thanks man!