PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm losing my touch

hasfam
07-05-2013, 04:45 AM
The other day I knocked out attributing a couple dozen finds in one, two, three order which included a few wheat RPMs' etc. Thanks to Coppercoins and Wexler's site, I didn't have to spend a lot of time figuring out what I had.....

...until this seemingly easy 1989 class 6 DDO came up. I must have spent 5 times more on this one coin than I did with all the others put together. A solid DDO on the date, lots of clear markers.
I reviewed every 1989 on CC (all 20) at least 4 times before giving up. I just couldn't believe this wasn't already listed. Well, it may be listed, but I got so wrapped up in trying to ID it that everything started to blend into each other to the point I had to stand back in order to see the trees for the forest. I still haven't ID'd it and it will probably get sold as a generic 1989 class 6 DDO.

My hats off (again) to all you attributers. Sometimes it's a walk in the park, and sometimes it's a time consuming nightmare.

Maineman750
07-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Know what you mean Rock...I have about 3 or 4 of these 89 DDOs laying around unattributed.

mustbebob
07-05-2013, 10:33 AM
This one is pretty strong Rock. Don't sell it as a generic. Send it down and I will do the attribution. It may end up being a new one, and the plate coin. Those could make you a few more bucks at the auction.

As you mentioned, attributing can be a hassle. Hence, every time I receive a 1960D RPM, a 61D RPM, a 1964 DDR and 1989 DDO's, the first thing I do is start pulling out my hair. No sense in waiting til I am aggravated already.:LOL_Hair:

Sometimes, you get lucky, other times you spend well over an hour to figure one out. I don't know a lot of folks who are satisfied with $4 an hour....do you?

hasfam
07-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Bob. I'll hang on to it for the next package. I might even have a go at trying to ID it again before I send it to you, just in case I missed something obvious. I can't begin to describe the deep respect I have for you and the other attributers.

copperlover
07-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Don't let the attribution drive you nuts Rock, as Bob said is it worth $4.00 an hour. You could do a lot more within an hour and have yourself some great results.

Lucien

jcuve
07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Nice class VI DDO find Rock!

twoyankees
07-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Nice find Rock, really hope it gets listed, good for you!!!
Tom