PDA

View Full Version : Did someone find a roll of 1943-s ddo's?

DCW
07-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Seems like they are everywhere in high grade! MS65, 66, 67...straight outta nowhere.

jcuve
07-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Have a link? I didn't notice...

EDIT: nevermind; I see them. That is against ebay policy to over list the same thing in the same grade. You sell one and wait, and relist another later. He/she is hurting themselves as much as anyone else wishing to sell that variety.

Brad
07-27-2013, 02:49 PM
I've seen a few, but it does not seem like they are all selling. I have seen them on Ebay and Heritage.

BadThad
07-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Link it up!

WaterSport
07-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Right now a search on either Ebay or Heritage will show the many listed. The last on Heritage went for stupid money in my opinion. Stupid money being over $1000. Right now it is about a $250 coin in MS 66. Maybe after this round of selling we will see it drop, or they won't sell at all. You simply can not flood a market with 20 of the same variety and expect it to hold that kind of value. Enough said.

WS

Brad
07-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Well I still need one, so I hope someone found a lot of them. I would be happy with a MS64, or even an AU.

liveandievarieties
07-28-2013, 11:55 AM
I definitely noticed, they hit Teletrade a couple of months ago. There was 8 or so, and at the same time another 6 on Ebay at the same time. This person ruined the market for high MS coins of this variety. Any MS65 should be worth over $1,000 and I would have gotten that for every one of them over the course of several years.

The way this person disbursed this hoard is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of everything not to do.

mjakovich
08-01-2013, 09:45 AM
I always figured if you wanted to get rid of more than one item on ebay you are better off doing 2nd chance offers, especally if the auction finishes high.. flooding yourself out of a good final value is not too bright.

jcuve
08-01-2013, 10:17 AM
I would have sold these one at time. With at least a month in between, maybe even more time depending on how each sale went. One after another would be bad, even second chance offers can force the price to tank. Something like this needs huge gaps between sales. Varieties are not stable. It takes very little to set almost any doubled die or a RPM in a price tailspin. We have seen it with 2006 DDO-003 & 1973 DDO-001 as well as others.

liveandievarieties
08-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Having 90% of the certified population in grades above MS64, we wouldn't let more than 1 out every 6 months. There are several FS varieties we have BU in roll quantity. Slabbing more than 10% of the PCGS pop per month is very dangerous because even if the coins aren't offered, their population explodes. If managed well, a person can make a killing. If not, they kill the market.

There are a lot of ways to disburse a hoard of valuable items, putting them all on the market at the same time is not one of them.