PDA

View Full Version : Not seeing it...

admrose
07-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Bought these two off eBay with the seller claiming they're 1936-DDO-2. Now that I have them in hand I'm not seeing it. Does anyone?

flyhi3
07-29-2013, 08:13 PM
Sorry to say it, but those are just two normal cents. I have often seen sellers on ebay offering "a 1936 DDO" stating it was the DDO because it has the "broken R"... in reality, this is just a marker, which can, and in the case of 1936 cents, DID affect many coins, not just one variety with that marker. A classic example of why we always say "look for the variety, NOT the markers. Markers should ONLY be used to CONFIRM a variety, not to find one.

-Alex

admrose
07-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Well his pics were crap and I can get my money back so I figured it was worth a shot. Never know when you'll get lucky :)

liveandievarieties
07-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Were those two listed at the same time by the same seller? I bid on a pair, separately listed, but the pictures were definitely '36 DDO #2.

Have a link? It'll be easy to get your money refunded.

I agree, taking a chance on a poor listing can be VERY lucrative, and with little downside.

admrose
07-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Were those two listed at the same time by the same seller? I bid on a pair, separately listed, but the pictures were definitely '36 DDO #2.

Have a link? It'll be easy to get your money refunded.

I agree, taking a chance on a poor listing can be VERY lucrative, and with little downside.

If you could make out that it was a '36 DDO #2 then it DEFINITELY wasn't the seller I bought from; I couldn't even make out the R in LIBERTY in his pics.

jcuve
07-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Even a circulated LDS DDO-002 will show something in the date, and should be easy to spot. Alex is probably right, the seller's confusion over a common die marker (broken R) led to an incorrect attribution.

admrose
07-30-2013, 05:30 AM
Well it appears the seller wants to play games about refunding my money. Sometimes sellers just annoy me to no end, especially the ignorant ones.

Maineman750
07-30-2013, 07:27 AM
Don't argue...just use the protection plan.

admrose
07-30-2013, 07:37 AM
Don't argue...just use the protection plan.

Yea I pretty much just stopped talking to him once the caps lock got engaged. Says no refunds, yet his auction says 14 days money back.

I swear people should be made to take a training class before being allowed to sell on eBay. Poor listings and pictures are one thing but ignorance of the policies you're supposed to be abiding by is another entirely.

Maineman750
07-30-2013, 09:16 AM
I just go by the rules and let them learn the hard way...much less stressful that way.