PDA

View Full Version : Day light bulbs

jhcons
11-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Acouple weeks ago I was reading an article about micro/macro photography and they where talking about daylight light bulbs. As I am never pleased with my lighting setup I thought I would try it. After a few trips to different stores and about 4 different lamps and size bulbs I think I came up with something that fits me for the time being. I like the bulbs a lot. I attached a dimmer to one of the lamps so I wont have to diffuse it. Thats the one I take the full coin shots with. The one with the dimmer kept flickering real bad so after some research I bought a LED daylight bulb and that fixed the flickering. I still have to diffuse the one that goes under my scope. Because I am so cheap and still use same setup from when I started I have to modify light under scope. I attached an aluminum wire the electricians left on my job. That works great for me to be able an adjust the light to where I need it under the scope. Looks funny but serves the purpose better than anything I tried. It stays wherever I want it to.
There is no real meaning in this post but I thought I would just pass on my little lighting experiment and show some pics of what I just accomplished. My wife is pretty tired of me coming in the door with new lights and bulbs so she glad I am done. So here is a few pictures of a 1960 ddr that I just took and did do anything to except crop. The other is the NEW and improved light under scope and dimmer.:LOL_Hair: LOL

Maineman750
11-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Not bad at all....and better than my one try with sunlight type bulbs.

VAB2013
11-24-2013, 12:02 PM
I would have to say that someone like you is never done, just done for now LOL What a set up, I am impressed and pics are awesome!

mustbebob
11-24-2013, 01:07 PM
It is nice to finally find a set up that works for you. Way to be persistent Jim!

rianal
11-25-2013, 11:24 AM
amazing pix!
i got my first microscope some months back and it came with a camera that doesn't have such capability. in fact, when i called customer service in july re: the MD-35 & its software program, the guy laughed out loud that i'd bother with such a dinosaur. there wasn't any mention of it being junk or too ancient to use when i bought it all of two months previously, of course, but i'm ready to set frustration aside and spend to get better shots. it's still pretty daunting for me, but i'll be pleased if i can take pix of similar quality in the end.